Dried up

monkeynut

Reaction score
Well after 2 weeks of having a huge supply of milk (expressing) overnight my milk literally just dried up.
Saturday in the night I only managed 1 oz compared to the normal 4 oz (from both boobs) in the morning I expressed again and didn't even get 10 ml. After that and nothing even though I have been expressing every 2 hours night and day since :(

I have had a hugely stressful few days due to a death in the family and I'm thinking maybe it could be related, but unfortunately I have admitted defeat and stopped trying to express as my nipples are so sore from the constant pumping and to be honest it's stressing me out even more.

Oh well :(

Hun I'm sure the stress is probably a factor! Do whatever you feel is best. If you want to try again then use lots of lasinoh cream on your nipples and try pumping at regular intervals. If you don't then don't beat yourself up about it at all xxx

Mine did this after a fortnight - literally went from getting 5oz a pump to nothing within a couple of days, so I ended up with a FF baby. She is very happy and content and although I was gutted at the time I can now see how fine she is so I'm no longer as bothered!

Don't feel bad , even that two weeks of boobie milk is magic :)
Stress probably didn't help supply , what matters is you both being happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back