Dribbling

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by babsi, Mar 1, 2006.

1. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

Is it normal for a 6 week old to be dribbling a lot? Kai is blowing bubbles as well. Just seems a little weird to me this early.

2. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

I just looked in his mouth and there seems to be 2 white patches on his gums where his 2 front teeth should be. Is this the beginning of teething?

3. tommy

tommy Well-Known Member

yes it is quite normal hannah seems to have been dribbling forever he could be getting some teeth it is not unusual my nephew was born with one and got his second at 5 weeks

4. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Yes it's normal :lol:

Phoebe does it all the time. I asked my HV and apparantly it's an essential part of them developing speech etc. May be teathing as well though :lol:

5. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

You learn something new every day, dribbling is drooling here lol

I showed someone at the group I go to and said it is fine and he is not teething!

6. Hypnorm

Hypnorm Well-Known Member

someone said to me that dribbling is when thier mouth starts producing the digestive enzymes so they can start to digest food properly.

i think hat sounded right? :?

7. Guest

Yes that's what I was told too Hypnorm. Would make sense with Damien, he has started dribbling recently and now wants a 4oz bottle every 3 hours instead of 4 hours! Hungry little chubby. lol