Dr browns bottles for next baby?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
so im due in about 3 and a half weeks and was thinking of getting some really good anti colic bottles for this baby as with a one year old here already i want to make life a bit easier iykwim?

has anyone ever used these what are they like? with Charlie i used tommee tippee and they didn't seem to make him better with his colic... x
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't a fan of the Dr Browns at all. I got fed up of being splattered with milk every time I made up a bottle!!! It didn't make the blindest bit of difference with Harlows colic either :(

I know a lot other ladies swear by them tho x

Sent from my annoyingly slow iPhone using Tapatalk

Im completely confused by which bottles to buy! I have a friend who absolutely swears by dr browns, and i am moving towards them just because we had such a terrible time with dd when she was feeding. I had avent with her and i couldnt stand them, they just leaked all the time and drove me mad!

I've got TT closer to nature ones for colic, dr browns, avent and Nuby. None seem to make a difference. When daisy was born she had such a tiny mouth and just hate the TT so our mw told us to go to pound land and buy the cheapy crap thin type. She took her milk no probs for the first 3 weeks until I took them off her and went to the ones I'd spent £60 on-TT!!! Guess what, 3 weeks of horrendous reflux so today I'm going to give them another go! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

I swear by the doctor browns bottles. They sorted Stanley right out !! X

Ive just had a look at the MAM anti colic ones, they seem to have very good reviews so i might take those into consideration too, plus they arent as expensive as Dr Browns.

We got the TT closer to nature anti colic ones with the straw thing in them. And our wee girl got bad colic. Was mostly breast feeding too!

We now swear by Dr Browns. Sorted her right out and not had colic since. We make do with 4 bottles now we are completely on formula. Just don't shake them when there is hot water in them cause they will leak. And if heating in a jug of water leave cap unscrewed slightly

Used Dr Browns since day 1 5 stars from me! they take longer to clean and sterilizer and u cant shake the bottles when the water is freshly boiled u have to fill the bottle and wait 30mins for the water to cool then add the milk and shake, otherwise the steam from the water makes them leak everywer! x

hmmm seems its different for different babies.

ooh Charlie didn't take to the tommee tippee first but i don't know if it was the teats on the hospital bottles were so different in comparison?

we got some cheap Asda ones but then i assumed they gave him colic... argh i.dunno! i may just buy a couple of Dr browns and see how things go, don't fancy having a colicky baby along with a one year.old by myself x

MAM were fantastic for us and self sterilise in the microwave in 3 minutes. TT ones were shit tbh, the anti colic flange kept falling off once the bottle was made up. Last time I used one I ended up stamping on the bloody thing out in the garden lol. Good hormone buster that :D

tt were dreadful here and actually gave her colic . MAM have been fab colic stopped soon as we switched x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Dr Brown's did the trick for us x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We loved the anti-colic MAM bottles too - we've now moved on to the normal MAM bottles as the teats are great.

I didnt use any bottles until 7 weeks with A but I have Avent anti-colic ones and MAM. I like both but i did give him infacol in the early days

I have to vote for MAM

They have been brilliant for Aaron and he has had no issue feeding with them, and DS babies are supposed to be more prone to colic.

hmmm, maybe i will get a couple of each to begin with? im unsure of dummies as well, i don't mind them as long as we only really use them for sleep like we do with Charlie, but we had a right nightmare the first few months keeping it in his mouth! i know there are cherry dummies but when i was looking after my cousins 2 month old last month her cherry dummy was far too big for her mouth even though it was the right age... x

I'm very against cherry dummies as they can interfere with their teeth.

Aaron wont keep his dummy it - drives me bonkers, he would probably sleep through the night if he would keep it in

I'm very against cherry dummies as they can interfere with their teeth.

Aaron wont keep his dummy it - drives me bonkers, he would probably sleep through the night if he would keep it in

Invest in a dummy buddy! Has been a lifesaver as O holds it in herself uploadfromtaptalk1352844856055.jpg

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

wow!! never heard of those!

how do they mess with their teeth? Charlie's had cherry ones since forever for bedtime :/ x

Wow Em! I've never heard of a dummy buddy before...must look into that. I absolutely swear by dr brown bottles, used them with Jess from birth and she never had a touch of colic. Who knows if it was the baby or the bottles but I know for sure I'd use them again (if there is a next time!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back