dr browns bottle, teat question

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Emma.b, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Emma.b

Emma.b Well-Known Member

What size teat do you use on the dr brown bottle if feeding comfort milk? :)

2. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

I'd go for a size 2 teat hun, we tried anti-reflux milk when Harry was new, turns out he had colic but the milk was so thick he needed no.2 teats x

3. hayels

hayels Well-Known Member

Am feeding the hungry baby milk and still using size 1 health visitor told me to try size 2 but he wasn't happy woth it and it was coming out to fast for him so went back to the first ones for now x

4. Violet

Violet Well-Known Member

When we went on to SMA comfort we changed to a size 2 teat. Now at nearly 12 months he's on a size 4 :)

5. Emma.b

Emma.b Well-Known Member

I think I must have a lazy feeder? !

I didn't get the comfort milk (thats another story) so left his size 1 teats in and he fell asleep after only 2 ounces (he usually has around 5-6oz) so I woke him fed him again but in total he only managed 3 and half ounces. The formula is a c&g stage1 so not thick at all.

So I upped the teats to size 2 and the same thing happened and he only managed 4oz.

In the end ive had to pierce the teat with a needle to make it bigger and hes happily finishing his 5 oz now. So im gonna have to buy either size 3 teats or the y teats. He barely spills a drop, is this normal for a 7week baby?

Xxx