Downstairs furniture

PinkFlamingo

Reaction score
My mum made a good point the other day, ‘what are you going to put the baby in when your downstairs’ I didn’t even think of this! Ha!
What is everyone having or recommends? I’m having a next to me in my bedroom and a cot in the nursery. Don’t particularly like Moses baskets.

I had a baby nest so she could nap on the couch while I watched TV or whatever. They're amazing but obvs don't leave baby to sleep unsupervised in them. I also had a bouncer so I could plop her down to clean/cook. :)

Moses basket is probably the most sensible thing (I know you said you don’t like them but they are very useful) baby nests look great and very cosy but not recommended for unsupervised sleeps in case the baby rolls their face into it sides, you will really want something you can happily leave them in while you get some stuff done or have a quick nap yourself

You could use the carry cot on your pram. We had a sleepyhead and baby bjorn bouncer that my daughter loved. Will use those again. My living room was the coolest room in the house when she was born so we moved the next to me downstairs too which wasn’t too much of a faff. X

You could use the carry cot on your pram. We had a sleepyhead and baby bjorn bouncer that my daughter loved. Will use those again. My living room was the coolest room in the house when she was born so we moved the next to me downstairs too which wasn’t too much of a faff. X

Oh yeah I forgot about the pram carrycot, I used to use that sometimes too x

I'm getting a moses basket, plus I'd love a bouncer too. I'm not sure about those sleepyhead things, probably just me but they dont seem particularly safe! I'm still undecided on whether I want a next to me crib or just stick with the moses basket!

We used the pram carrycot. Ours was suitable for overnight sleeping so it was really good for downstairs.

Thanks everyone, didn’t think of using the pram carrycot might try that rather than buying another thing! X

I have a bouncer which can be adjusted in height since you can't put the baby upright from birth, it's bad for their pelvic bones or something. But I use it often now since she doesn't like to be flat on her back anymore. I used the baby nest the most. I have the Babymoov Doomoo cocoon and am very happy with it! The top part where the baby's head is, has air holes so even if the baby ends up on their face or against the edge, they can still breathe. I would also suggest to get a changing pillow with some products nearby as I never ever went upstairs to change the baby. I got 2 nappy bins too. One for downstairs and the other one upstairs.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back