Downs Blood test results....

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I had mine done about 2 and a half weeks ago, and I've still not received my results.

Did it take long for any of you ladies?

Hello,

You can call them for the results or you will probably get told at your next appointment. Give them a ring as they would have had it in by now as it takes about a week to 10 days. I don;t think they make a point of letting you know unless you ring or when you go to your next appointment.

Good luck xxxxxxx

give them a call!

when I went for my 12wk scan they said my water looked like I had a infection, made a big deal, didn't get told until I saw my midwife last week (16.5 weeks) and nothing was wrong, chase them if you are concerned, I hummed and harrdd abount having the downs bllod taken, but I am young and would keep the baby anyway but the hospital made a fuss saying if I had it done I would have to move my appointment forward as my scan due date was earlier than my actual due date, God they make it hard sometimes!

I got told by my midwife it usually takes between 1-3 weeks - but usually nearer the 3 weekside of things!

God I must be really lucky then went for blood draining last tues, and by the friday (4days) my results were back and they had to send the blood to addenbrookes (assume this is the nearest lab to Peterborough) My HIV and Hep are meant to go to the docs, but dont worry if something was wrong they ring you straight away or at least thats what they do here

Hi,

When I had my barts test done i got the results in 48 hrs, was just told to ring the hospital

Natalie x

Hi

I had a test at 12 wks +5. Where they measured the fluid at the back of the neck, i think that it is called the Nucheal something or the other, and they tell you the results straight away. For my age it is 1 in 174, but other measuring the fluid it is 1 in 844. This scan has to be completed by 12 wks +6.

xx

Called them today and they couldn't give me the results, but said if it was bad they would've called me and to take it as good news. Apparently I'll get the results in the post in due course.

Got the results today, 1 in 950 chance which puts me at low risk.

Good news Rosieroo!

Davina I had the same test as you (nuchal scan which went well and I am low risk) and had my bloods taken at my first ante natal. They said they would contact me if they needed to but they havent so I assume all is well. As for the blood downs test would this have been done at my first ante natal or is it something you have done later in pregnancy? Or do I not need it because I have had the nuchal scan?

I am confused :?

Lou :)

If you have the Downs double test you usually have it at around 16 weeks, but I guess that as you had the nuchal scan that replaced the need for the tests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back