downer thread :-(

Kay Kay

Reaction score
I'm sorry girls but I'm having a bad day. Feel bad posting this since it's been so upbeat in here lately but I have a vent.

Pregnant friend at work finally told the rest of the office (I've known for weeks) and all the commotion around her hit me harder than I expected :-( Thankfully noboday said 'oh we thought you'd be next' (I've had that said to me before and almost died on the spot).

Then during all this, another girl in the office announced her pregnancy! I have honestly never felt so low, it was like I had just snapped inside. Held it together until I left work but cried in the car all the way home.

I'm due AF tomoro and like clockwork I'm emotional and down the day before so I'm def out this month. It's the same thing EVERY MONTH. I really wanted to be one of those people who falls the month of their HSG but of course that's not meant to be.

I'm not sure I can do this anymore. It's just about bearable when I'm feeling ok (which is most of the time to be fair). But today was just too much. Adoption kept going through my mind today even though I had discounted this as something I could actually do.

I'm so glad we have our appt on Weds cos I need some sort of plan of action. I actually wish I could start IVF like, now. But will have to wait til April '13. I'm not even looking forward to IUI cos it has such a low success rate I'm like what's the point?

Sorry if I've put you on a downer with my whining, I'll be better once AF arrives and the whole cycle starts again and I will have hit the 2 year ttc mark. Feckin brilliant. :mad:

Hope you girls are having a better day :roll: xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kay Kay,

I'm sorry you've had a horrible day, there's nothing worse than seeing the joy on pregnant friend's faces and longing for it to be you. It will hopefully be one day and if AF comes tomorrow then it's battle stations again for the next cycle. The week before your period is the worst I think, it's mental torture!

We've all had our low moments and well done for holding it together at work. Stay strong and try and be positive, so much harder to do the day before AF!! Have a well deserved glass of vino!

Xxxx

big hugs hun. i know its so hard its just over 2 years now that we have been trying for and most of my friends have had babies or are having them even my sister is due to pop any time now and each time one of them tells me there pregnant or has there babies i have a little moment normal have a cry to my oh then just try move on and be happy for them. i always try to think that there is other people out there who are worse off then me so try not to let my self get to down about it but it is hard really bloody hard. sending you a big love and hope tomorrow your feeling a little better xxxxxxxxxxxx

Im so sorry to hear how bad your day has been, its always hard when someone announces there pg and you so desperately want it to be you.

Im not as far into ttc as you are so im sorry but i dont really know much of what you have and havent had done but im really hoping that what ever path you have left open to you leads you to the baby you deserve.

Big hugs to you.

Michelle. x

Big hugs Kay Kay, this site is here for us to vent so don't feel you have to apologise for it!

There are so many people at my work (fashion retail so about 90% wonen!!) that have become preggers in the last few months and it hurts so bad inside, I even feel saddened when i hear a bloody celeb is pregnant and I don't even know them personally!! I find having a little cry helps, good to get it all out your system and then put it behind you.

Well done for holding it together at work and keep your head high when you are back in, I know its annoying to hear but it will happen for you.

Xxxxx

I've written a big downer thread too today. I'm just letting today run it's course and hope I'll feel a bit better. Big hugs I'm sorry it's such a slow process for you, takes an age to get the ball rolling but doctors forget what it does to our emotions xxxx

Sorry that you're feeling so low today Kay Kay xx

so sorry your feeling down kay kay,
sending you lots of hugs and baby dust!
please please god let everyone in this section that have really been through the mill and back and would so love and cherish a LO, let it happen.
trillions of baby dust for 2012. xxxxxxxx

hi there, i feel exactly the same, two close friends have made their big announcment within the past two weeks and as happy as i am for them i feel like complete shit, i mean i cried today because my fella asked why i was wearing odd socks, i literally lay on the bed and sobbed, whats all that about??

So dont feel like your alone on this one hun we all know how you're feeling, ive very difficult and im a fine one to say it but you gotta keep plodding on :) wishing you lots of luck xxx

Oh honey, chin up! I know those days! Hopefully tomorrow will be heaps better for you! Big Hug! Xxx

Big hugs hunny, it will be your turn soon xx

You're human Kay Kay. This whole ltttc thing is poo on a stick. Sorry you feel so down.
:hugs:

Let's all drink ourselves silly and gorge on shellfish, pate and soft cheese cos we're NOT pregnant!

xxxx

thanks ladies, you guys are so sweet. feeling a bit better this morning, just waiting on the witch now. got a busy day ahead so no time for wallowing in self-pity :) will be back to my usual self in a couple of days. have a good weekend xxxxxxx

Morning Kay Kay I missed your thread last night as I was out. I am really sorry you had a shit day, and glad you feel better today. It is so hard isn't it??? My friend at work is pregnant as well and we sit right near to each other. Every day i see her getting bigger and bigger and talking about baby things. we both got married in April last year so she knew we were trying. I hope that today is a freahs start for you! Dont forget you are not out yet!!! Signs of a period can also be signs of a pregancy as well. Big Big hugs lovely. Today is a new day!! xxxxx

So sorry to hear your feeling down, I think we can all empathise as it feels like everyone is getting pregnant everywhere. It will be our turn soon and all the lovely ladies in here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back