Down pressure and low abdo pain

Pip52976

Reaction score
Hi ladies as this is my first I am not sure if what I'm feeling is early labour or just baby moving. For the last week I've had loads of pressure pushing down. Midwife said baby is head down, pushing into pelvise. But last night I started getting pains across my lower abdomen. I wouldn't say they were regular, some lasting longer than others. It was definitely only lower abdomen tgough, if it was contractions wouldn't I feel them all over bump? This is so confusing, it's hard to know what is just normal pregnsncy stuff or something to be concerned about. Xxx

How far along are you? I'm 33 weeks and feeling the same. When I mentioned it to midwife last week she just said baby was head down and pushing on my cervix which is why I was feeling it. Totally normal at this point apparently.
I agree though - it's very difficult to tell what's just normal when you haven't been through it before. I've been trying to get through to midwife this morning as i've had really loose bowels over the past 24 hours which could also be a sign of early labour (or just an upset stomach, who knows!)

I'd ring midwife if I were you, just to be sure. At least then it will be logged if anything else happens :)
Your pains could just be braxton hicks xx

Exactly what I had. Didn't think they were contractions as thought they'd be all over my belly. They were more like needing a huge poo with a lot of pressure. Next day she popped out! Have you had any mucous or anything?

I'm 35 weeks today, no mucus or anything just lots of pressure. I guess it's just baby pushing down into pelvis. Thanks ladies sometimes it's helpful to know I'm not the only one. X

I'm 35 weeks today, no mucus or anything just lots of pressure. I guess it's just baby pushing down into pelvis. Thanks ladies sometimes it's helpful to know I'm not the only one. X

Has this gone off or are you still suffering? Did you contact midwife for advice?

I think mine has turned into some kind of tummy bug - husband has had it as well. I haven't been sick but feel nauseous but have been for a few very loose poos! (TMI, sorry!)
Still feel a bit concerned that i'm getting such low pains though. I haven't called midwife as everyone keeps telling me that it's normal at this stage and as long as i'm not dehydrated I shouldn't worry. Would you ladies agree?

Sorry to jump on your thread!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back