Double/tandem pushchairs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by fcroxy, Jun 12, 2016.

1. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Anyone got any inspiration? I don't have a clue what I'm looking for when it comes to prams!

My daughter will be 2 years 8 months when baby arrives and she doesn't like walking much as it is already. Although I drive we walk most places and do shopping in town so really do need a double rather than use a buggy board. I prefer the ones where there's one above the other, rather than side by side.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune as it may not be used for too long as a double. Any recommendations would be great, thanks :) xx

2. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

My LO will be 2 years 7 months when this baby comes, I am just getting a sling/carrier and a single pushchair with a buggy board. use the sling if toddler is sat in pram, or if baby is in pram, toddler can stand on buggy board. I thought about a double buggy but it really isn't worth spending that amount on something that wone even get 6 months use out of x

3. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

My first was 2yrs 6 months when my second was born.

I just used a stroller for my eldest and a sling for my newborn.

By the time my toddler was 3 they didn't need the stroller any more.

4. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Mine are 2yrs 10ms apart.
    Ive not needed a double.my eldest either walks or i have buggy board (yet to use). Also have a sling for youngest to use n eould then put eldest in stroller.
    Hes 3 next month n hardly uses stroller now x

5. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

My daughter wont walk anywhere, she just stands where she is and screams until she's picked up. It is impossible to get her to walk unless I literally drag her! I cant see that changing in the next few months either tbh. I thought maybe a cheap double would be handy as otherwise I can see us stuck in the house a lot and that would drive me crazy. I've thought of using a sling but some days we can be out 4-5 hours and carrying baby in a sling for that long seems like a long time xx

6. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

You can get a buggy board with a seat on, would she not use that? x

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...oard-saddle/?gclid=COi2tr-0pc0CFQPgGwoda2cEVg

#6 KeelyT90, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  7. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

I'll have two years four months between mine and am getting an oyster max tandem. If my lg walks more after a few months, it's not a waste as it can convert to a single. It's gorgeous looking and half the price of an icandy x

8. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

I really like the look of that. Also like that it goes to a single too. What confuses me tho is do I need to buy everything separately? X

9. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

10. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. It confuses me when they sell it all separately, knowing me I probably forget to buy a part of it haha. X

11. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

I got a jogging one cause I'm a runner. I don't know if they have these where you live but the Bob double strollers are the best by far. Nothing compares.

12. heatheror12

heatheror12 Well-Known Member

There is 16month between my boys. I originally had the uppa baby vista 2015 but hated it. Was to heavy and ended up swapping when youngest was 3 month old. I have the out and about nipper double which I absolutely love. Only downside is you can't use it as a single. But I have a single with buggy board for the days I'm with my hubby x

13. CharlieSmartie

CharlieSmartie Well-Known Member