Dopplers

Clare80

Reaction score
Has anyone previously used a Doppler or planning to in this pregnancy? Just wondering when you managed to hear a heart beat from?

My sister has given me hers. She didn't buy it until after first scan, by which time she said she could find hb easily. She can't remember exactly when this was though.

My story is a sad one..... Rented a Doppler at 8 weeks. Thought I could hear the heartbeat..... But it was mine. Went for my scan and baby wasn't there it was a blighted ovum I MC at 11 weeks. I would never get one again. I would defiantly wait until after the scan x

I'm planning on buying one, I've heard it works from about 9 weeks x

I had one during my pregnancy and found it great - had been really nervous due to previous mc and found the doppler a huge reassurance. I didn't start using it until after my early scan as knew roughly where to look then. Xxx

There's some really good videos on YouTube showing you how to use it and recognising the different sounds. Baby's hb will be double the speed of your own and sounds completely different. I might try it next week.

I'm watching this thread, after 2 hospital visits in 2 weeks I'm contemplating getting one, I'm 23+1 but it's when I don't feel movement for a while I panic and so does my OH. Xx

If your baby's movements change, you should always contact your MW, even if you can find a heartbeat on a Doppler.

Count the Kicks has some great advice on monitoring movements.

I'm not sure whether to get a Doppler or not. I've thought about it but I'm still undecided.

XX

I phoned my mw on Sunday (tbh she's useless and doesn't normally answer) she said to phone mac which i did and I was there within the hour been checked! I've bought some stuff from count the kicks. The mw's at the mac were brilliant and said to keep coming in if I don't feel movement again and they'll always check which was very reassuring. So heard my little boys hb again yesterday, but i feel taking up a bed when there are women who may need it more than me and have to wait, especially if I can find a hb on my own doppler. Xx

Awww hun, don't ever feel silly or that you are wasting their time. You are just as entitled as the next lady to be there and get checked out.

The presence of a heartbeat isn't an indication that all is well though. MWs are trained to monitor for changes in the heartbeat that may indicate a problem. So even if you hear a heartbeat on a home Doppler, you should still pop in for monitoring if you're concerned at all.

The example CTK gives us that if you find someone who had suffered a heart attack, you wouldn't just find a pulse and he satisfied, they'd still go to hospital to be checked.

I'm not anti Doppler at all (like I say I'm still considering getting one myself!) But they should never be a substitute for a qualified professional.

XX

Oh definitely never be a substitute for a trained professional, do glad I went in. Still considering getting a doppler but now I'm over halfway I just think anything that I worry about ill just go into hospital regardles. Eeeh these babies cause so much worry!xx

I got a Doppler and could use it from 9 weeks , its comforted me through a tough pregnancy . I don't use it now I'm 30 weeks and if anyone would like it I'm happy to post it free to whoever would like it .

If there's more than one person I will post it yo the first person the message their address :) and I hope it gives the reassurance it gave me xx

My doppler arrived when I was 10 weeks pregnant = I sat for ages trying all the tips to find the hb but nothing! I started spotting that very evening and miscarried over the weekend. I kept the doppler and when I got pregnant again 5 cycles later I started looking for hb quite early - I found it at 8weeks 5 days and recorded it. You can tell it's not your own heart beat as it's faster and if you take your pulse at the same time you can feel and hear the difference. that little hear beat is now 21 months old :)

BTW ladies, there are lots of dopplers on eBay if you're looking for a bargain (just don't outbid me lol) x

This is my second pregnancy and I found the HB at 11 weeks - I bought it around 13 weeks the first time and found it straight away. My husband made me promise that we would only use it together so I wouldn't become obsessed using it - he hid it so I wasn't tempted. By 20 weeks last time and 16 weeks this time I could feel baby moving so didn't really need it anymore.

It was definitely a comfort until I could feel baby moving xxx

I got one, still got it for the next bundle.

I thought Id get obsessed but I felt movement quite early so I was tided over.

Its nice, but for me the novelty wore off but I did record it and have it as my tone :lol:

xxxx

I have been thinking about getting one. But I worry I'd be obsessed with it and then worry too much if couldn't find etc.

I just recorded it and replayed it if I felt I needed to hear it.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back