Dopplers...

bex

Reaction score
I hired a doppler yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning. So exciting to hear babies heart beat.... found it very quickly, it is so reassuring to hear it before my scan. If anyone is thinking of hiring one I'd say go ahead, well worth the money!! :D

i brought one for £30 it was crap it strapped to my belly n came with head fones, how much was urs? it sounds really good, how fare gone r u?

I've been thinking about getting one as well, I've been looking at those on the Newyou.net about £65 on their ebay site.

How many weeks gone are you? I think the ones I saw won't detect a heartbeat until 12 weeks if it's your first baby and 10-12 weeks otherwise.

Dionne- I think the headphone ones you have is slightly different to the dopplers.

Dionne was the one you got from mothercare by any chance? I got mine from mothercare, i didnt hear the heartbeat til i was 24 wks, heard him kicking way before I heard the heartbeat.

the ones in the shops dont tend to work till past 25 weeks if your lucky - some people not till later. Try hiring one if your early on from www.mybump.com - I heard my little bean at 10 weeks :D

yh from mother care it said you can hear heat beat from 12 weeks, at 30 weeks i was just bout hearin it!

The ones from the newyou are like the one you have Sami but they're 65 to buy which is cheaper than hiring (depending on when you hire them).

Would you recommend getting one? Too early for me yet but when it's time..

I hired mine, can't remeber the company but can find out for you. I am between 10 and 11 weeks, not sure exactly but can pick up heart beat very easily and is so clear... I can't stop using it!!!! They are £24.99 per month to hire or £125.00 to buy, I think they are the same one as your midwife would use.

meant to say that it says in the box that this particular one can pick up the heart beat from 8 weeks..... don't know how true this is though.

I'd be interested to know which company it is you've hired it from.

www.baby-beats.co.uk

If you decide to hire it let me know and I will give you a ref to quote then you won't have to pay the delivery (I think!). I hired it at 3.30pm yesterday and it arrived this morning... how's that for service!!

Bagpuss17 said:
The ones from the newyou are like the one you have Sami but they're 65 to buy which is cheaper than hiring (depending on when you hire them).

Would you recommend getting one? Too early for me yet but when it's time..

We hired one for a month and it was well worth it in the early stages as I was bleeding and had miscarried in the past - so listening to little bean every day was so reassuring.

I wish I still had one now - it's still very reasurring to listen to babies heartbeat but I only get to hear it infrequetnly now at my check ups x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back