Doppler ??

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
I bought a fetal Doppler and I don't know if it was the best idea lol. I don't know where to even start and as yet I haven't found a hb. I'm 18+ weeks so should n easy right?

Look on you tube, lots of videos on there showing you where to look

I've used one, couldn't get the heartbeat first time at about 18 weeks and got it the second time at about 20.
Don't worry if you can't find it, But I don't think midwives really recommend them!

I think I found it for like 3 seconds it sounded like a train and was 156 bmp!?x

Mw dont recommend them.but i have one. My husbands hates it as he says i rely on it and we shouldnt ect. If i have another child i wont have one. It sounds like a galloping horse. I will say its easy to get it wrong iv had 2 mw who didnt have the hb when they said they did. I also know someone whos friend had a still birth coz they got the hb wrong. Different hospitals and areas. 156 does sound about right tho.

I have anxiety but I am so glad I didn't get one. The first time we heard the hb at a mw appointment I thought she had found it but what I heard was my placenta. We don't know what to listen for unless trained as we shouldn't know if the baby was ok or not. I would if worried always go and get checked.

My MW was a bit cross when she found out I had bought one but I just use it for fun really and don't stress if I can't find it. I agree there's some great vids on YouTube with tips x

I have one and some days I hear hb and some days I dont.
I start right down at my hair line on the right side and move across slowly.
I dont worry if I dont hear it....babies bury themselves so far in. The other day I could only faintly hear it. But as I kept it in position it disappeared and then suddenly became really loud....just goes to show how much they are bouncing around in there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back