doppler?

bbee

Reaction score
I'm a worrier and want to purchase a doppler. i've found a real cheap one, but i've also seen some major expensive ones. will the cheap ones work? i don't want to get myself into even more of a panic if i can't find a heartbeat because of the doppler! does anyone have any suggestions? :) x

I work as a veterinary nurse and we have dopplers in the practice, I tried to listen for the heartbeat with it the other day and couldnt find it. ( I found my own pulse quite a few times but when i put my hand on my wrist it was in time with my pulse). Because I did this I am now a little worried! I wouldn't recommend doing it :( also, a friend of mine had a small bleed at 11 weeks and the doctor couldn't find the heart beat with the doppler and the poor girl was in bits, everything was fine at her scan! They are just crap to be honest.

When i was over in Tri 1 and 2 lots of ladies had dopplers. They are good and lovely to listen. BUT you have to promise yourself not to worry if you cant find the heartbeat. It took me a week or so (and i tried every day) to find the Heartbeat. It is not easy and the baby is so low down that you may not find it. Even the midwives sometimes don't check until 25 weeks because they don't want to worry ladies if they don't find them.

I have the angel sounds one was £19.99 on ebay brand new and works a treat! After finding the heartbeat once and knowing what noises are around it, it is much easier to find :) xx

If you're a worrier, bbee, I'd actually recommend you don't buy a doppler. The MW won't listen for a heartbeat until your 16 week appointment. It's notoriously difficult to use them and find baby's heartbeat, especially early on.

I couldnt recommend the Angel Sounds one enough!!

Brand new ur talking £20..
But i got mine 2nd hand off ebay for £1!!!! BARGAIN! xxx

I couldnt recommend the Angel Sounds one enough!!

Brand new ur talking £20..
But i got mine 2nd hand off ebay for £1!!!! BARGAIN! xxx

that is a bloody bargain!!!!!!!! lol! but hmm im not sure if it will just make me worry more!xxx

I no what u mean hun.. As they turn so much aswell one day itll be one side of ur belly and the next the middle or other side, if u do get one test ur HB 1st.. ull notice how slow urs is and ur babas will be mega fast and normally lower stomach xxx

Angel sounds all the way! But I do agree that if u are a big worrier then not to buy one.

It can be hard to find which is worrying, but also u should never take hearing the hb as baby being ok either, so u should just have it for a bit of fun to listen to. And still follow ur instincts, as baby being ok, (movement etc).

They are good thou I love mine, don't use it much now thou, but loved it in tri 2! Xx

Tapatalking. X

hmmm i think i will wait a bit first! i just want something to ease my mind when im having one of my episodes! xx

I have the Summer Infant monitor and love to just listen in occasionally, but would never dream of using it if I had any worries about anything. I think it'd make me even more worried if I couldn't find a heartbeat when I felt something might be wrong! I steered clear from the actual "Doppler" type ones, as I figured even the trained professionals struggle with them at times so I'd probably have just as much trouble. I asked a MW about them and she told me about not being able to find a heartbeat and sending herself into panic when she was pregnant with her first and that was as a trained professional!! But if you're already a worrier, I wouldn't suggest this is the way to go or you'll spend all your time worrying about whether it's right or not and won't be able to relax or enjoy your pregnancy.

There is a new one on the market called BabyWatch.
My husband ordered for me few day ago on Indiegogo.
Anyone know is ti good. The app looks real good :) Can't wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back