Doppler

TeeUK

Reaction score
If you read my last thread you know how worried I am about another mmc....I am wondering if I should hire a doppler to see if I can find a heartbeat....I know I may not find one at 10+ weeks also because I'm already over weight it may be even difficult to find.....but I am desperate as it is stressing me out so much worrying.....I had a mmc few years ago, which feels similar to how I feel now...although I felt it at 8 weeks last time not 10....also lost a twin pregnancy last year at around 6 weeks but did not find out until 10 weeks although I did have signs (discharge and slight blood loss at time)

Has anyone used a doppler at 10 weeks + and heard heart beat?

I got a doppler and was excited but hesitant to use it just in case I couldn't find a heartbeat. I used mine a couple of nights ago so I was around 11+2 and found a heartbeat xxx

After talking to midwife she told me not to get one....she said she would not even try to hear a heart beat till at least 12 weeks, it would be esp harder as I'm over weight, she said not finding one could do more harm than good. She is probably right...I am a stress head and would either become obsessed with finding one or become hysterical if I couldn't find one.

I guess I am just going to have to be patient and try to enjoy xmas, scan in two weeks seems like forever!

My doppler arrived yesterday and it took me about an hour to find the heartbeat. I'm overweight too and think it might be why I struggled so much with it, also think i needed a fuller bladder to make it easier :) amazing once u find it though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back