Doppler Question

C0606

Reaction score
Hello :) Hope you're all doing well!

So I purchased an angelsounds portable device when I was around the 12 week mark, here's a link if you're unsure of the type... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baby-Feta...Portable-Angelsounds-Detector-D-/180802651869

Since then I've used it on and off to no avail. I really got excited at first because I thought I'd picked up the baby's heartbeat but have had suspicions since then it's my own even though it is right down on my right pelvic area and does move around/away etc.
I've had two ultrasound scans one at 10 weeks and another at 12 weeks which have been wonderful however I have had to drink insane amounts of water which I think may be due to having a tilted cervix (I have been told this a couple of times). Due to this the baby on both occasions has been extremely wriggly, both sonographers I have had have particularly commented on what a wriggly beast he/she is :)
So I decided tonight (at just over 14 weeks) that instead of trying the doppler on an empty bladder, I would try the same approach and drown myself in water. I again had nothing except the moving away heartbeat but also, what sounded VERY much like a kicking/bashing, a sort of knock-knock-knock then a move, then again knock-knock-knock. After listening to this for a few minutes I stopped, went to the toilet and tried again and the knocking had disappeared and the heartbeat was more settled, less movement etc.
I'm curious to know what you ladies would make of this - Do you think I could have problems picking up a heartbeat due to a tilted cervix but also would have more luck picking up 'kicks' from afar after lots of water especially after the movement in the ultrasound scans? Sorry for the long winded post! xx

Sometimes babys heartbeat is just really hard to find. I couldn't my LO's until about 16 wks + and even now sometimes whilst listening she turns around and I can't hear it anymore. Don't give up hope, just try again next week and if not, the week after. You'll find it eventually :)

I should be more patient really as I'm not altogether worried, I just wish I was one of those people who could find the HB at 11 weeks or something ha!
I am really curious to know about the knocking sounds though. I've heard bubbling and such before which I think has been digestion etc. but never that sound before.
Thanks for your reply :) x

I'd love to know what all the weird noises are too! I just put them down to random movements by baby or just my body being generally noisy lol

I'm 17+5 and I can't find the heart beat :( I'm trying not to stress myself out about it because at my 16week Mw appointment she didn't struggle at all so it's either my useless technique or my Doppler. I'm desperate to hear it again and to show my OH x

Some babies are just hard to find! I was lucky and found mine at 10 weeks pregnant. :) but around where my babies heartbeat is I can hear it moving about (can't hear it anywhere else on tummy) can here loud knocks where it's trying to kick and punch the Doppler away. Then it twists and turns which makes more of a loud swooshing noise. (It's not the placenta I'm finding cause that sounds different too haha more like a jet plane taking off hehe)

& baby's heart sounds like a gallopping horse. Some sound like trains :) you will deffo know if its baby's heart. Yours should sound real slow.

Keep trying every now and then and make sure you cake yourself in gel! My baby's a little bit above the pubic bone and slightly to the right of my Bellybutton! Oh also don't move Doppler about too much just slowly & rotate is slowly in same spot and then move . You have to push quite hard.
Also when I eat I can find baby better :)

Good luck at trying again dot worry yourself though :) some people can't find baby until past 20 odd weeks!

Xx

Last edited:
I've read that even some midwifes struggle to find babys heartbeat at 16 weeks pregnant so hopefully everything is fine C0606 and your baby is just hiding, :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back