Doppler is driving me insane.

rainbow.nicola

Reaction score
I've been watching youtube videos on how to use them etc but all I get is static constantly, it ranges on the screen to 001 - 190 but nothing can be heard apart from static when it's higher than my own heartbeat. I can find my heartbeat fine. The noise coming from the thing is driving me insane.

You might find you don't hear it until you are a couple of weeks further along! I bought one for peace of mind last pregnancy and got totally stressed out when I couldn't find the heartbeat too! I think 12 weeks it became much easier :)

Yeah, I'm not too worried about not finding it since it's early. It's just the fact that it's all static and jumps up to 190 and things, it's so random and the noise it initially makes when you have it turned on and press it to your tummy, that is just pretty constant but when I've heard other using it, it's not that bad.

When its moving its picking up a heart beat but maybe not enough for you to hear it, I find linger around centre & low down. I use lots of baby oil I find that tends to control the static & you don't end up sticky.

I haven't used my Doppler yet as I'm only just 9 weeks but my friend swore by loads of KY Jelly to stop the static noise.

I don't think the gel that came with it is very good and I've been getting it every where. I'll try some of these suggestions I think. I thought it was broken or something with the noise. Maybe give it another week and see if it's a bit easier.

I found using baby oil is better than gel x

ky jelly is great for doppler. I found my little hb at 11+weeks. It was much lower down than i expected, literally with the probe just over the top of the pubic bone angled right at the foof seemed to do it.

Even now the hb seems really low down, but the mw today at my 16 week check started to look down low, so that must just be the way to find it :)

Try really low down too I was really shocked at how low down it picked up the heartbeat. Also I use baby oil that works really well xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby number 2 due 17th Dec 2013

My mw didnt recommend using them until at least 16 weeks as you wont always get a reading from it so early on

I use lots of aloe Vera gel and it works a treat with my angel sounds doppler! Also it makes my tummy all soft hehe :) heard bub since week 9 , (was very hard to find though) but much easier now :)

Not everyone can find baby's heartbeat it's hard to do but once you've learnt it's easier.
It also depends on what way baby is facing, one minute ill be listening to mine then he/she wil make this bang noise and flip over and I won't hear it anymore haha. So don't worry and don't get obsessive tryin to find bub.
You will eventually :)

I hope your doppler works better for you, and that you find bubba soon hehe :)
Xx

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better I got a Doppler at like 19 weeks pregnant and I struggled to find the hb for ages, I stopped using it at like 21 weeks haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back