'Dont wash my hair Mummy!'

violet-glow

Reaction score
Ello,

wonder if anyone can help, ive tried everything but nothing seems to be working. Everytime I wash zacks hair, be it the bath, shower he screams the place down. My mum and a few people have said that children go through this at 2 years old. But its really peeing me off. Ive tried making a game out of it but he still screams the place down as if im killing him. God knows what the people upstairs must think.

Any ideas?? Will be greatful to hear anything at the moment :?

with my son we let him put on some swim goggles cause that is the problem most of the time is that they don't liek the water in their face. Now of course he is a big boy and only wants to take a shower.

i had same problem with luke when he was little i used to wash his with a flannel rather than pour water on his head it does take a lot longer but used to save us the screaming fits :D xxxx

Yep have the same prob with my daughter i just do as quickly as i can then as soon as iam finsihed she stops crying :x lol

The goggles are a great idea or one of them cheao snorkal masks, try using a toy wtering can or teapot.
If Zack was a girl it would be easier 'cos they could be washing dollys hair unless Zack has a doll/baby type thing

If all else fails just do it quickly

same problem i am having with beth however if daddy does it she is fine :x even though i do it exactly the same way :roll: im sure the neighbours think im murdering her :wall:

Thanks girls, yeah ive been doing it quickly so he doesnt moan as much. Its just really getting on my nerves... hopefully he'll grow out of it soon :(

i just do it quick and keep talking to her like 'its okay its okay nearly done etc..'and laughed a bit with her. i also got in once and let her do it to me..if that might help? she does it heself now lol!!

or get one of those frisbees with the hole in it to stop it going in his face? like a hat.

lily has decided she doesnt like her hair being washed full stop,which is a problem as its halfway down her back,she wont tip her head back or lie down so i have to tip water over her head as its the only way,but she screams and tries to climb out and i get more soaked than she does :roll:

Goggles is a great idea, i may have to try that. I'm still having terrible trouble washing jessicas hair and she is 6. I though it would have passed by now but she'd rather stink than get her hair washed.

Now this might sound I bit silly but my 4 year old niece hates having her hair washed or even brushed, so when she is at my house I pretend she is in the hair-dressers and ask her where she has been on holiday, is she married yet??? I even ask what style she would like today?? and make a real fuss of pampering her.

Anyway it works everytime she thinks it's great fun, ends up giggling and laughing at me and enjoys having her hair done.

May not work with younger ones but you could give it a go!!! Not sure if boys would appreciate it though........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back