Don't understand...

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Don't understand how it's possible for a baby to be on top of your ribs. She has been like this for the last 5 days and it is SO painful. The uterus grows under - how is she on top?!? AND she shouldn't even be this high yet anyway

hnWE4su.jpg

wZNfMew.jpg

Last edited:
That does look painful! I wonder how big she will be??

Wow! I've no clue or advise for you. Please let me know what they say at your scan tho.

Yikes! Looks uncomfortable, she's obviously being awkward! Were you having a growth scan? Let us know how it goes. Mine gets into some weird spots, but sometimes I can poke it out of them. It seems to have a hand or something near my hip - I worry it might get it caught in there!

Just had one thought, do you do any pregnancy yoga? There's some poses that can help babe to sit right in the uterus or to gently position them better at least... x

Oh wow if it didn't look so painful id say it was impressive! I really dont know how to even help! Have you tried swimming or anything, just saw comment about pregnancy yoga but i know here it is so difficult to find somewhere. Hope otgerwise alls going well! Let us know how you get on

That looks uncomfortable!
Once baby starts to engage that should help, I agree with the others - yoga, swimming and bouncing on a ball!

I showed her the picture and she had a good feel, and said it was impossible for baby to be on top of the ribs. This of course I guess is obvious. But I can feel baby on top of them! lol

So I have baby's bottom "under" my right ribs, feet and legs under my left ribs, and head in pelvis. Definitely making the most of the space!

Bumps come in all shapes and sizes. I know someone who had a bump quite similar to that. I remember last time I had numbness and when I spoke to me she said that baby had its head on my pelvis, knees sticking out to either side and a foot under each rib lol.

Mine does that too, I can't wear a bra, when she does this, she's literally in my boobs!! Had it for 3 days last week, she's finally shifted down yesterday! It's painful when she goes up high xx

She's still like it - nearly 3 weeks now. It's literally on top of my ribs, but I've been told that's impossible (understandably).
I'm a bit worried that it's not normal to be in the same position for so long (scan confirmed bum under right ribs and legs/feet under left, and head down), surely she should be moving up and down, left to right ect

Kitty when I was pregnant with Alfie, he was right under might ribs up until the day he was born! (30 weeks- 42 weeks!). I tried doing all sorts to move him because it was so painful but he wasn't shifting. I told my midwife and she said it's quite normal for them to stay in the same position especially as they are starting to run out of room. You have my sympathy, that looks very painful! X

Maybe that is where she is most comfortable? Unfortunately it isn't the comfiest for you

Hey hunny,

Twin 1 is constantly on top, I have to push either bum or head down from what feels like over my ribs all the time otherwise I can't breathe properly.

Trying to wear a bra is a nightmare, T1 has been like that from about 19 weeks and I am now 26+3.

It must just be a comfy stop over for her, I hope it eases soon xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back