Don't think I'm ovulating...

maybebaby

Reaction score
I'm currently on CD18 of a 31 day cycle and still haven't ovulated. I've been using ovulation tests since Sunday (CD13) and still haven't had a positive. I'm doing the test at about 7pm every evening. The last 2 days I've had a very very faint line and the ones before that had no line at all.

Am I right in thinking that I should have ovulated by now? I'm still breastfeeding although he doesn't feed as much anymore and my cycle seemed to return to normal in November. I'm thinking I might have to stop BF if I want to conceive :(

Sorry for rambling!

I've not had babies so I don't know if breast feeding effects OV but it could be that this cycle might be slightly longer and your about to OV any day. If you are getting faint lines I'd say keep testing to see if they get stronger and become a positive.

the other thing is that if you didn't start to test until CD 13 you could have OV'd earlier this month (CD 11 or 12) and missed it with the OPK's.

Good luck and hope it comes soon for you

:hug:

i was going to say as above you may have ovulated earlier than day 13 ( i ovulate on day 11)

Ah thank you. I usually have a 31 day cycle so the instructions that came with the tests said to start testing on day 13. I'll keep going for now & see what happens.

Cheers ladies.

Hi,

If you have a 31 day cycle you should be ovulating between days 16 and 18. Please bare in mind that stress can delay ovulation and ttc can be a real pain for creating stress. Also, I found that my positive lines used to come up at about 10am and then became faint in the evening, I would advise you to test twice a day to be sure, if you are using the cheap ebay ones it works out quite cheaply. Ov sticks can be misleading because you can miss the surge so keep and eye out for that all important egg white cervical fluid too and if you want absolute confirmation of when you have ov'd, consider taking your temps and charting - charting is soooo valuable to ttc I can't tell you.

Good luck and baby dust
Becs xxx

Thanks Becs. I'm not actually TTC until next cycle but wanted to see whether it was all working again as it's not that long since I had Austin and I'm still bresatfeeding. I may consider trying charting after a couple of months if nothing happens. I'll try testing agan, I am using the cheapies so don't mind using them frequently!

Ditto what the others have said. Look out for egg white type CM, that's a sign that you are approaching ov.

Keep testing.

I have a 32/33 day cycle and normally ovulate between cd 18-20.

Hi hun,

I know that I have high prolactin levels which is the hormone you get when you are pregnant (although I'm not pg) and it makes you lactate so perhaps as your still BF that your prolactin is still high and this can slow down your ovulation. AF for me visits anything from between 4-7 weeks!!! Arghhh! Nightmare- maybe it's best to ask your doc if the BF is slowing O down.

Good Luck!

Haver you been checking your CM and temps?? They are kinda good indications of oving... i actually oved at a different time this month im sure, so maybe you will too??

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back