dont think i can take much more

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
Braydon as a newborn was sleeping roughly thro the nite one or 2 miss haps but for a new born doing really well i have not had any serious problems with him apart from his tooiletting and now sleep he refuses to go to bed before 10 PM if im lucky, and then has me up at 1 - 4 - 6 and 8.30 in the middle of the nite as some of you may Know my HV has sed to do controlled crying ( let him cry and keep checking on him till he goes to sleep) anyway as it is a weekend and mum dad and my sis are all off i thought i would give it a try! so tonite i get him down at 10.15 i am armed with my bottle of water incase i think he needs it and go to bed my self as i know i will be up in 3 ish hours. so at 1 am as predicted he gets me up and cry for wot feels like an eternaty (40 mins) and goes back down to sleep, then at 4.30 he gets me up again and is still up :shock: i have done all the obious checks to make sure he is ok so let him cry for a while which in itself is heart breaking so about 20 mins after still crying so i go in there armed with my bottle of water and give it to him while he is in his cot and wot does he do laughs at me and does so for 5 mins and kicks his legs around so as he didnt want his bottle so i left his room! so i have been up wot feels like all nite and i have to keep doing this till he sleeps thro and i am at work tomoz and mon so i am going to be knackered! and i am feeling rite at this time i want to dissapear of the face of the earth - how comes i could find mother hood ok till he was 3 months old and now feel like i am suffering so much??? he seems to love taking the piss out off me like for tonite with his water and always seeming to prefer other people to me at the moment including his dad which especially huirt as he has only been really interested in B for just over a month and i have loved him from the second i found out i was PG!!

anyway sorry for rambling every1 i just feel like total crap rite now and had to tell someone and you guys seems to know me better than my own friends who at the moment dont seem to give to craps going out and getting drunk every nite is more important than m8s to them :( :( :( :( :(

AWWWW

((((((HUGS))))))

Motherhood can be a very tough job can't it. It's almost a shame his sleeping was so good at the start cos now you know what you are missing!
Brody is also waking every 3 hours at the moment whereas before he was only waking once at 4.30 :?

I think as Braydon is that much older, persevering with the water and controlled crying might be the way forward, he's not going to get the message straight away, so maybe a few more nights and he'll have it sussed.

Do you try and wear him out before bed? ie a really long warm bath with "bedtime" bubbles in it? or a big kick and play on a playmat?

Ahh Sarah its prob just a phase we had Matthew doing this a few weeks back although he is younger than B he would wake for a feed in the early hours and then decide he didnt want to go back to sleep! And would cry then the moment you walk into the room he shut up! They do really test us sometimes. Can anyone take over tonight for you, you can put some earplugs in and get some sleep?? You'll feel loads better, sometimes when we get so tired it makes it feel so much worse.

Just wondering sarah how much solids is he having? since jamie has been on 3 meals a day he has slept really well throughout the night. I usually give him his last solid meal around 6 so that it is closer to bedtime and i mix in baby rice with his formula.

Sorry dont know if ive helped at all!! :?

URCHIN - he does on his door bouncer at 7 pm for 1 hour and then on his play matt till he goes down

and STEPH he also has three meals a day last being at 7 pm

Hi sarah

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. You know in your heart your baby loves you more than anyone, its a mum-baby thing! You carried him and your bond will always be unique and special. I bet the only reason he laughs at you when you go to him after he's been crying is because he wants to be near you and is so pleased to see you when you respond to his cries. Isaac does this sometimes and it makes you think "oo you little bugger"! lol

With his routine I think you just have to stick with it and just keep reminding yourself that however crap you feel right now it won't last forever.

I think with your mates you can't expect them to change just because you have. I found this out the hard way when I couldn't understand why my family and friends didnt want to see Isaac everyday!!!! Unfortunatley our babies aren't as special to everyone else as they are to us.

Just my thoughts.

hope you feel better soon x

Lou :)

Aw sSarah, youve hada rough night right enough. What you said about leaving him and the controlled crying, I would cut down how long you leave him in between going in. I would go in at first and reassure him with a cuddle and minimal talk then tell him its night time then leave. But only give it 5 mins before going back in then dont even pick him up, tell him in hushed tones its okay but he has to go to sleep then leave again. Keep giving it 5 mins. Whats his crys like. Do they stop and start, getting less intense each time? Sometimes you can hear the fight going out the cry and they just nod back off but its hard. If you remain consistant he will know its okay.
Dont worry about b thinking garry is great, its annoying but at then end of the day your the mum but also the stable one and the one who calls the shots.
Your doing a great job :lol:

Deary me, Sarah...
I'm sorry you feel poo about the sleeping routine Braydon has found himself in. However, I agree with what Lou has said. I don't think Braydon is quite capable of taking the P, but more likely to be pleased to see the person he loves the most in the whole wide world. You are his world and no matter how mad they can make us at times, their love is as unconditional as ours!!!
Don't despair - keep trying, but also accept that it will take time. The more we insist, the more difficult we seem to make it for ourselves. Just relax, give him a cuddle, reassure him and go with the flow for a couple of nights - that might just sort things out.
Don't get upset with that lovable little boy of yours - he's just not so sure what you're trying out and wants your reassurance rather!!
~Good luck - thinking of you tonight. I'm in for a similar night :( :D
Emilia xx

(((Sarah))), hang in there hun, it will get better with B's sleeping though I guess that's not much comfort at the mo. Like everyone says I bet B is smiling and laughing because his favouritist person in the whole wide world has come in to see him and he's well chuffed about that. xxxx

hi Sarah, have you tried just giving him a feed it may be that he is genuinely hungry?
Ewan is still waking once twice a night i tried water but he screamed the place down, tried changing nappy, patting him on my shoulder nothing worked until i gave in and fed him, and after the feed i would put him down and in 5 mins he is asleep.
i know it is a pain getting up and feeding him. the controlled crying does some times work but i will not leave him if he is really screaming and getting distressed - if he is temper crying i.e no tearsi will go in after five mins pick him up say its ok i'm just down stairs, its just sleepy time and put him back down once he is calm and go in again if not settled after another 5 mins. If he is really screaming i will go in an pick him up and wait for a while till he is much calmer do all the usual checks, then put him down, if he continues then i will feed him. and it seems to settle him.
Ewan is on a routine of 9 am brekkie plus milk, 12 lunch + milk, 3pm milk, 5 pm tea 6pm milk, 7.30 up to bed another small milk feed and put into sleeping bag and he is generally asleep at 7.45 till around about 10.30 11pm so i feed him again and if i'mlucky he will sleep till 7 otherwise he is awake a 4 and 6.

Hey Sarah...

It IS tough, and I know that when Naomi acts up I find it very hard not to be cross with her...even though I know she doesn't understand. I think that you have to remember - your baby doesn't know anything else but how to be a taker in the early months...but when they start to give, they will continue...

*HUG* You'll be ok. I know it's easy for me to say, but trust me, you're a great mom and Braydon is very lucky. Hang in there, you'll be fine. Everyone resents their children every now and then, you wouldn't be a normal person otherwise.

Sue

i thought this but after doing research on the net and speaking to GP and HV and other professional i know realise that babyes at 5.5 months onward dont need a nite feed and Braydon doesnt he just wants cuddles which he doesnt get as he will forever be having a 'night feed' and that is not fair on either of us last ntie after B had been upset for 1 hour and doing all the usual checks i tried to give him VERY weak milk but he refused it just putting his hands up as he does wen he wants a cuddle

good news is fri nite it took 2.45 hours to get him bck down last nite just 2 so slowly we are getting there :D :D

well done Sarah and Braydon...
Braydon, I'm very sure your mummy will make up for any lost cuddles at night! :D :D Double cuddles all day long....
Good luck for tonight, Sarah!
Emilia xx

i do emilia and wen i cum into the room he looks at me as if to say
'mummy im a man i dont do all these cuddles and kisses u give me'

Hi sarah

I would be careful giving him weak milk because the formula instructions say its harmful to mix too much or too little powder to water. (I am assuming this is what you meant)?

Anyway, glad you are feeling better.

Lou :)

i thought this lou and was quite concerned about it but H/V sed to do it and wen i told her my worrys she sed it means all the time every feed if u get wot i mean

How is B getting on Sarah, is he sleeping any better. I see that it will soon be time for his christening, hows that going?

well so far i have sent out the invitation and am nosing at outfits lol!! but nothing else is happening lol!!

fri nite i was up for nearly 3 hours, last nite 1hr 45 mins so hoping for better tonite i hope it dont take to much longer i am so knackered lol

Hope it gets better soon. I bet it is fun looking at al the outfits, you will have to post a photo of B in his smart clothes x

A pic u know that post i did bout crashing the forum with so many people on here i am going to try and crash it with so many pics lol (only joking laura :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back