dont like milk

babyg

Reaction score
hey another question from me already lol

i dont like milk so my diet is low in calcium, i do eat a varied diet tho, not fussy eater or anything just cant stand milk.

should i be upping my intake of calcuim some other way...yogurts maybe?

wana make sure my lil beans is getting all nutrients it needs :)

If u are taking pregnancy vitamins u should be ok, as I'm sure they contain enough calcium. U can up ur yoghurt intake if u like them though, it can't hurt xx

Have you tried adding it to stuff...like ovaltine or hot choc? Or even adding some fruit to make a smoothie...

I'm not fussed on milk or fruit but when you blend then together it's quite nice :)

I hate milk so I just drink one milkshake a day :) like nesquik or something x

oh god just the thought of both these ideas make my stomach turn lol thanks for info tho, i really dont like the stuff!! i remember in nursary everyone use to get cup of milk and biscuit at break and i use to have a cup of squash and biscuit lol, i cant ever remember liking it. maybe ill look into high calcuim yogurts, dont mind them :)

I have exactly the same problem. I hate milk. I changed my pregnancy vitamins to senatogen to ensure it had calcium, cos the pregnacare one didn't.

My midwife said to try and up the other sources of calcium like green leafy veg such as spinach. xxx

I hate dirnking plain milk and I can't have milkshakes as diabetic because of high sugar content. I had no problems with my first baby he was fine and I never changed much in my diet sense I did try to eat more yogurts etc but failed half the time so I wouldn't worry to much about it as your taking supplements. I never even took them and had a healthy baby x

I have exactly the same problem. I hate milk. I changed my pregnancy vitamins to senatogen to ensure it had calcium, cos the pregnacare one didn't.

My midwife said to try and up the other sources of calcium like green leafy veg such as spinach. xxx

thanks will change to senatogen after this pregnacare pack and i will be buying some spinach etc in the meantime :) :)

I don't drink milk either because its disgusting and its actually pretty bad for u.

And contrary to popular belief, a glass of milk isn't a good source of calcium. Its a good source of protein, but your body actually can't digest the calcium from it.

Anyway. There's an alternative non-dairy calcium fortified milk called rice dream, which is delish.

Also, green veg like broccoli is a great source of calcium :)
Don't be worried about it hun. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I don't drink milk either because its disgusting and its actually pretty bad for u.

And contrary to popular belief, a glass of milk isn't a good source of calcium. Its a good source of protein, but your body actually can't digest the calcium from it.

Anyway. There's an alternative non-dairy calcium fortified milk called rice dream, which is delish.

Also, green veg like broccoli is a great source of calcium :)
Don't be worried about it hun. X

Thanks jayjay :) can you get the rice dream from tesco/morrisons ? May try it with bit of cereal as I never eat any

And I've had broccoli with my tea tonight and will be having some again tomorrow with my mams roast :) soo that's good :)

My bf calls me weird coz I don't like milk, ill have to tell him its not just me lol.

Happy new year every one :)

No defo not just u. Most of my family stay away from milk and most dairy.

You can get rice dream in most supermarkets, not sure abt morrissons as we don't have 1, but def tesco cuz that's where I get mine. Its yummy with cereal! Hope u like it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back