Don't know where I belong

VikkiR

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

To cut a long story short, in the early months, according to the date of my last period, I thought I was 4 weeks in front of what my 8 and 12 week scan indicated. (This is my first baby). As time has gone on, everyone at work (I work in a hospital) has been commenting how huge I am for my gestation. Today I had my first measuring of fundal height with the mw and I measured 30 cm nearly 5 weeks ahead. The mw made a consultant appointment for later this week for his opinion, anyone had experience of this, esp with a first baby? I have always felt my LO would arrive in Feb, but gestational diabetes is at the back of my mind. Been a rubbish week as I was admitted to MAU on Thursday with a suspected pulmonary embolism :sad:

Last edited:
I was polyhydramnios with my son (excess fluid). At 26 weeks I was measuring 36. The day before my waters went I was 38+4 measuring 55 weeks! I was freakin huuuuuge!

Baby was normal size and he was having a ball in there lol His own personal swimming pool lol

I still had to have the diabetes check though. They did this before I had the scan to confirm the fluid, even though it was a private scan that picked up the fluid!!!

Try not to worry hun, whatever is causing you to measurer ahead they will look after your LO really really well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back