Don't know where I belong :-(

VikkiR

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

To cut a long story short, in the early months, according to the date of my last period, I thought I was 4 weeks in front of what my 8 and 12 week scan indicated. (This is my first baby). As time has gone on, everyone at work (I work in a hospital) has been commenting how huge I am for my gestation. Today I had my first measuring of fundal height with the mw and I measured 30 cm nearly 5 weeks ahead. The mw made a consultant appointment for later this week for his opinion, anyone had experience of this, esp with a first baby? I have always felt my LO would arrive in Feb, but gestational diabetes is at the back of my mind. Been a rubbish week as I was admitted to MAU on Thursday with a suspected pulmonary embolism :(

Last edited:
i dont know anything to help you sorry hun, but fingers crossed you get some helpful answers of some of the other ladies on here xxx

hey hon...i am also measuring big and people are commenting on how big my bump is. hopefully the consultant will shed some light on things for you xx

Can't really help but already I'm measuring big...had midwife appointment yesterday at 24+3 and measured at 27 weeks..all so confusing!! xx

I'm measuring big too at 29 weeks I was measuring 32/33 weeks I go again on the 30th and if I'm big again I have to see my consultant earlier than my app and I'm always being asked are you sure theres only 1 in there? Drives me nuts xx

ive not been measured once yet lol so i cant help im afraid

I was 4 weeks ahead at 28 weeks, but 3 weeks later went back to normal size. Also, in terms of gestation, in the first 12 weeks whatever you were measuring and date you were given is the age of the baby. My sonographer said that the first few weeks of gestation is set by size and doesn't differ until later weeks where babies grow at different rates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back