Don't know what to do?

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Please can some one offer advice or tell me what you would do?

A couple of things.....

1) LO used to sleep through from 6 weeks...the last week she has been waking for a feed in the night...last night was 3 times.
2) she's been off her feeding a bit in the day and just generally not bothered.
3) she's been dribbling and drooling for weeks so think she is teething.
4) she's ebf at the mo but have been trying her with formula in bottle and sometimes she'll take it sometimes not.

So here's my thoughts....just wondered what you think?

We were going to wait and try blw but I'm thinking she's maybe waking in the night due to hunger (she is always starving when she wakes) and will have a full feed, unlike in the day. So im not sure whether to just start her on a bit of baby porridge on a night with her last feed? As I'm not sure if we can last until 6 months at this rate? I was also thinking of waiting another week before trying this just to check its defo not a growth spurt?

She will be 4 months on Monday!

Your thoughts please ladies?!? Xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Dont know whether you have seen my thread hunny but Lexi has been so unsettled and i started to introduce a bit of baby rice with her dinner time bottle because i felt like she was ready and she loves it.
Id say do what you think is best for your LO at the end of the day you know her best x x

Thanks hun I've just read your post :) I think I will do....I'm just puzzled as why to she's not bothered in the day though? It's strange? Xx

If you feel its the right thing to do all you can do is try it, if LO isnt fused then wait a little longer and then try again
Its made a huge difference to our Lexi but we did have an unsettle baba during the day, let us know what you decide and how she gets on if you decide to try x x

Thanks hun :) bless Lexi she's so gorgeous! Think I'll get some rice or porridge for her on the next food shop! I'll keep you posted xx

Personally I wouldn't but if you're going to I def wouldn't give baby rice. At the end of the day she's your baby so you do what you feel you need to honey x

Thanks hun what would you do? would u continue ebf until 6 months? X

I'd definitely wait xx the fact she's only very hungry when she wakes doesn't sound to me like she's ready-just maybe a growth spurt as you said xxx I'd wait at least another month if you can xxx

She could be teething and that's putting her off her food in the day. Then by nighttime she's so hungry that she will eat through the pain. You could try giving her teething gel just before a feed to see if that helps. Alternatively where are you feeding her during the day. My eldest was do easily distracted she would look around rather than feed but at night it was dark and quiet and nothing to distract her. You could try feeding her in a quiet room during the day with nothing to distract her to see if she takes more.

Thanks hun that all sounds quite familiar actually! I do give her teething gel but just as and when....maybe before each feed would be better! I'll try that :) xx

Have you tried an amber anklet or necklace for teething? Sounds like a growth spurt and bit of teething to me. Is she showing other signs of needing weened? I personally want to wait as long as possible hopefully to 6 months to do BLW and Kynon is quite a hungry baby too esp at night time but it seems normal for breast fed babies to fuss a lot at night and not be totally satisfied. Maybe try and get to 17 weeks then you could skip the baby rice and give mushed up fruit and veg which is much better and she would be more used to these flavours from your breast milk.

Arthur went through the same thing at that age an I remember breaking down In ters at the hv as I was so
Exhausted and was going to Start him on purees. BUt I didn't, and he got a little Better for Awhile, then woke again, on
And off. I think it was easy for me to say he was hungry when I think oter things were going on.

If she isn't feeding properly during the day, that will
Be why she's waking in the Night for a Big feed. I suggest you try and stretch the times
Between feeds out slightly during the day, to stop Her Snacking and taking lots of little feeds and fewer bigger feeds.

That helped us xx

Have you tried an amber anklet or necklace for teething? Sounds like a growth spurt and bit of teething to me. Is she showing other signs of needing weened? I personally want to wait as long as possible hopefully to 6 months to do BLW and Kynon is quite a hungry baby too esp at night time but it seems normal for breast fed babies to fuss a lot at night and not be totally satisfied. Maybe try and get to 17 weeks then you could skip the baby rice and give mushed up fruit and veg which is much better and she would be more used to these flavours from your breast milk.

Thanks chick she's 17 weeks on Monday....but yeah ideally I don't want to do puréed I want to do blw! I shall stick at it and as hopefulmumny said maybe try to stretch her feeds out! It's a minefield isn't it....sometimes just don't know what to do for the best!?!

See how she goes tonight :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back