Don't know what to do?!?

wannabmummy

Reaction score
I was at work yesterday and I had the most amazing water birth and it was lovely - but I was bent over for such a long time that by the time it was all over and i eventually stood up properly my back went into spasm. I spent the rest of my shift in complete agony but managed to make it through the whole 13 hours!

Woke up this morning and I can hardly move my back hurts so much and I am supposed to be back in tomorrow for another 3 days in a row of 13 hour shifts and I just don't think my back will let me do it but I don't want to let anyone down especially as it is NYE weekend :-( I don't know what to do!?!

Aw love!

It must be really tough having a fairly demanding job physically and working those really long shifts. I don't think I'd be able to manage.

Is there anything else you can do at work that wouldn't be as heavy on your back? If not then perhaps calling in sick is your only option. Don't make yourself ill sweetheart. Pregnancy is tough enough when you are fit and well. I know I feel the same about calling in sick but you have to protect your little nugget and yourself.

xx

Does your work know your pregnant too?? I am sure they will understand if you explain what you've done, maybe they can give you lighter duties!! not sure how it works.

Hope you get it sorted, failing that it will be taking the time off to recover which I know is horrible because you feel your letting people down...

xxx

if your feeling that bad hun phone in and explain ...they should understand more than anyone

Thanks girls! Don't know what I'd do without you lot! Got a docs appt now gonna see if she will sign me off for a few days, it's sad though that I feel I need a letter from docs before I can go sick but everyone really judges you if you don't go in :-( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back