Don't know what this is but it's scary

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Gill09876, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Gill09876

Gill09876 Well-Known Member

Hi girls I am 16 weeks pregnant and on three occasions in tri 2 I have had intense tummy bug like pain and vomiting. It tends to subside after around four hours. It usually happens on a
    Morning when I haven't eaten for a long period of time. It's also like trapped wind colic type pain too and I get relief when I vomit. I suffer from IBS but have had no bleeding (pain very different from contractions/ miscarriage having suffered a mc last year it's nothing like this)

As long as I drink water will this harm my baby? Baby showed excellent movement at both the seven. And twelve week scans

Thanks girls x

2. ellesbells

ellesbells Well-Known Member

It sounds like gallstones to me. Having had them and having had my gallbladder removed, I can say I'd get an attack where I'd be in agony I had loads of indigestion and had to be sick to help. Apparently the chance of getting it can increase in pregnancy. I'd see you dr Hun. There was a thread on this in pregnancy chat in the last week or so have a look and see if that helps

3. Gill09876

Gill09876 Well-Known Member

Hi I went to get checked out at the urgent care as I was particularly worried about baba as pain was quite intense in tummy but was told it was gastoenteritis ad baby would be fine as long as I kept hydrated x