Don't know what else to do for my poorly boy :(

Kaede351

Reaction score
My little man is 17 months old. He wouldn't settle tonight for bed like he normally does (normally put him down with a bottle and he's out within 5-10 minutes with no fuss), and he wanted me to cuddle him to sleep. I have no problem with this! I miss his snuggles. But since then he's been waking up and crying. I felt his head and he felt hot so I took his temp with a forehead strip and it was 39c. I gave him a dose of Calpol to help bring it down and a cool drink. Did his temp about half an hour later and it was 37c, which is still a tiny but hot for him (his regular temp is about 36c), but still within normal range. Thing is he keeps moaning in his sleep and still feels hot to the touch even though the forehead strip is saying his temp is normal. He only has on a short sleeved vest for bed (which he has to wear or he pulls his nappy off...) and no blankets, and his top window is open and curtains slightly open to let in some air. I don't know what else to do with him :( I absolutely hate it when he's poorly :(

XxX

A cool damp flannel on the back of his neck if he wakes up again. Cools their core temp right down

Poor wee thing. That was a very high temp. Hope he gets better soon x

Thanks hun, didn't think of that. I don't know if its the hot weather though? He doesn't cope well with the heat (he's a lot like me in that respect!), but he's never been like this not even when we had the really hot weather a couple weeks back. I'll try the cool flannel thing if he wakes up again. Thank you again.

XxX

Owen has same thing I think. High temp and grizzly again. Just going to get him some more med when oh gets up. he not his usual self but is eating and drinking so I think he juts gotta fight whatever it is. If he not better by Monday im gunna make docs appointment xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Harrison isn't eating or drinking much :( he goes through moments where he's red hot (And I mean like a radiator), and other times he feels a bit cooler, but he is definitely not a happy bunny :( Hope your little guy feels better soon hun.

XxX

My lo is a bit younger but we are having the same problem at the minute.
She was boiling to touch last night her temperature was reading 38.7!!!! So we gave her a cool bath and she went to bed with a dose of calpol having refused her milk which is unheard of.

This morning she seemed fine but since having breakfast her temperature is back up at 38.3. Just gave her more calpol and she is having a nap she is still eating and drinking.

Have you got a fab you could put in the room with him? This might help.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back