Dont know if what I have is enough...

Candygirl

Reaction score
Im a bit panicked that I dont have enough clothing for bubbs?
I have about 4 newborn babygrows, about 7 0-3 month babygrows and about 5 3-6 month babygrows.

How much of everything do I need?? Im so clueless..... :oops:

Depends if you have a dryer or not... :think: Babies can go through baby gros like no ones business... so you will be constantly washing and drying... although radiators are just as good .... but be warned.. people will buy clothes for the baby when it's born... lots and lots of clothes... so you might not have many now.. but the minute that baby pops out all the relatives will be giving you clothes... :roll:

Its gets quite silly really, and basically there are always items you end up with not using.

Sounds to me like you have enough... I don't have much more than you tbh... but people have slowly been giving us things so it has increased, and once the baby is born more people will give us things.

You'll also need things like little socks, hats, and cardigans especially if its cold...

thanks...
I do have a dryer so it shouldnt be too bad. Didnt want to buy too much newborn stuff in case it doesnt fit and then its just a waste of money (I was a silly numpty and threw all the tags and slips away, but thankfully I dont have much)

I suppose I could always get stuff after the birth too if Im struggling...

I hae a two year old and I remember thinking the same thing. When I went into labour I took to the hospital a 'layette' from mothercare, which consisted of 1 babygrow, 1 sleepsuit, a blanket, scratch mitts and bootees. My daughter went through the first babybrow within 10 mins of being born so we had to put her in the sleepsuit. 30 mins later she'd sicked up on that one as well, so we had no clothes for her and felt utterly inadequate and unprepared. I had to get my mum to stop at tescos and buy a 7 pack of babygrows (which she got through in less than two days). I honestly thought two would be enough and never even thought to ask people. :oops:

All I can say is babygows babygorws babygrows. Dont worry about little dresses, jeans, tshirts or anything else. When they are tiny all these sorts of clothes just take ages to get on and off and aren't comfortable. (and in my experience new babies dont want to be having their arms and legs pulled through loads of clothes all day, the less fussing a clothes change takes, the better).

Matalan, Tescos and Asda all do really cheap packs of the little suits and all are 100% cotton as well.

Think I've got about 7 newborn and 7 0-3 months :D they do go through them fast :shhh:

I am the same I had only bought like 3 of each size in baby gro's, but over the last week I have already been given three packs of babygros in 0-3 months from people I dont even know - friends of family, neighhbours of family etc. so I wouldn't worry too much Im glad now I didnt buy lots.

if you look on the Mothercare website, under baby's first wardrobe, it tells you the recommended amount of each thing to buy. I am going by that list and working on the principle that i can always send someone to Tesco!

We went through all of our stuff at the weekend and found that we have 36 vests ranging from newborn to 0-3 and 6 sleepsuits.

I think we went a little mad with the vests LOL.

I've been quite lucky in that friends have donated lots of stuff to me.

If money is an issue it might also be worth trying your local freecycle website where you can quite often pick up bags of hardly used baby clothes for free.

E-bay is also good for cheap bags of clothes.

Argos are doing a good deal at the minute - packs of 5 babygrows for £9.99 - but buy 3 packs for £20. I've just got myself 1 set of newborns & 2 sets of 0-3months which I reckon should be plenty.

we havent got many sleep suits either, im looking forward to taking peanut shopping for more when we run out hehe.

all we have are babygrows and the vest type ones.

i refused to buy loads as we have no idea what size we will need and baby wont be in them for long.

Tesco have some nice ones and cheap too, thing we got a pack of 4 for about £4.

im soooo not gonna run out of clothes :oops: got far too many but hey u live and learn and id waiting so long for this bubba that me and my mum went a bit mad !

think i got about 15 baby gros and 15 sleep suits in both newborn and 0-3

but i dont have a dryer .

OMG!!!
totally forgot that baby's actually barf and poo themselves...
best I get some more babygrows :lol:

thanks for all the responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back