Domperidone for boosting supply - experiences please

knopk@

Reaction score
So my supply wasnt sufficient and Domperidone was the only thing i.havent tried. I have spoken to my mw and she said not a problem, but it would take about 3 weeks to work.
Whats your experience with it?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

thats something i havent tried either but it seems to work for larlybelle. ive also seen/heard that the 2nd time round your body produces more / is better at the whole bf milk making thing and so sometimes low supply isnt an issue the next time if it was the first time :)

I couldnt remember who it was who took domperidone. I am willing to try and see how it goes but i dont think my.body will produce enough, my supply was really low. I might drop.her a PM, thanks hun

Didn't work for me sadly, nothing did :-(

Fx it works for you hun.

XX

Didn't work for me sadly, nothing did :-(

Fx it works for you hun.

XX

Hi hun, sorry it didnt work for you. Can i ask how long you took it for? My mw suggested it needs 3 weeks beforw it has an effect.

I was on it for a couple of weeks, plus fenugreek, plus expressing, plus feeding baby and still nothing!!

I read on a website that some womens anatomy means they cant produce enough milk, basically they don't have enough milk glands. I wondered if that was my issue as alot of what was described I had- little to no increase in breast size, no engorgement and no let down etc. Don't think its very common but could well be my issue as there was nothing else i could have done to inrease my milk. However, it could be just one of those things.

Its great that you are getting everything sorted nice and early and can get on the domperidone right away so fx it will help. I think i'm just unlucky, but i did combi feed for 7 weeks which i am really proud of so i dont see it as a failure.

XX

I was on it for a couple of weeks, plus fenugreek, plus expressing, plus feeding baby and still nothing!!

I read on a website that some womens anatomy means they cant produce enough milk, basically they don't have enough milk glands. I wondered if that was my issue as alot of what was described I had- little to no increase in breast size, no engorgement and no let down etc. Don't think its very common but could well be my issue as there was nothing else i could have done to inrease my milk. However, it could be just one of those things.

Its great that you are getting everything sorted nice and early and can get on the domperidone right away so fx it will help. I think i'm just unlucky, but i did combi feed for 7 weeks which i am really proud of so i dont see it as a failure.

XX

Sounds a bit like me. My breasts barely changed and whilst i had some colostrum and milk, it just wasnt enough.
I think any milk is good but want to try the last thing on the list iykwim.
If i need to top up.again, not a problem,.but i.just wanted to avoid the faff with bottles as i will.have a toddler as well to.look after.
Fx it works

my boobs didnt change in size at all, i did get engorged tho. alyssa is bretty much just on food and breast milk now tho since weaning she dosent want bottles, im just keeping the bottle at bedtime as part of the routine so that when i stop bf its not a totally foreign concept to her lol

I didnt get engorged at all. My cup size pre pg was B, and when i was feeding a lot, went up to a C max.
I did EBF for 7 weeks until he crossed dreaded 2 centiles. I.wish someone told me about domperidone but my postnatal.care was appaling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back