Domestic housework

HelenJ

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Today I am 37w5d and really strugling to do the cleaning of the house. Especially scrubbing the bathroom (and tub). My belly gets in the way and I get out of breath so soon. I also keep dropping things which makes it even more annoying. Have been cleaning for 90 mins straight and now I have to sit down already.

Hubby already said he can help but basically he cannot. If he does 'the cleaning' he is finished in like 15 mins for the entire house and basically it is still dirty. I want it to be clean so that when I go in labour and I cannot clan the first week (or two) it won't get insanely dirty (when he takes over and does a shitty job).

I hate it that when I came downstair after the cleaning and wanted to sit down I also had to give the kids the midmorning fruit snack, change my daugthers nappy, give the something to drink etc etc before I could sit down with some juice myself. Now it is almost lunchtime already so soon I have to get up again.

Is it just me being annoyed and havign less patience because I am pregnant or do men just suck (at the cleaning/taking care of kids department).

Are there any other ladies here experiencing the same?

I think any preg person has less patiance than normal. But yes men don't do it the same way we do housework wise in general I can't speak for children as I don't have any yet. But I have just decided to relax and doesn't matter iv done the bathroom by just spraying the cleaning stuff over it and then leaving and then rinsing off cif stuff its not the same as scrubbing but it is a lot easier and I know it will be clean enough for now. In terms of hoovering I do one room then sit down. I don't fuss about upstairs as we don't wear shoes up there and doesn't really matter ifiit isn't perfect for a week or two I did it last week so hopefully it will be ok. I get tom to do the dishwasher and the washing I manage. Cooking I do still do but iv cooked n frozen this week lots of meals so after baby comes its less hassel. Try not to worry buy some antibacterial wipes that are easy to use for hubby to clean down the sides/surfaces and the bathroom I think u just have to go with the spray leave rinse unless he will scrub xxx

Aw bless you. My hubby has been golden and I have not cleaned the bathroom since getting my BFP. He's not amazing at other things though and we have had a few rows throughout the pregnancy. Can you not ask him to clean the bathroom your way? Just explain to him that you need it sparkling and its difficult to do in this heat and while heavily pregnant xxx

Just did some more only to find out after I cleaned the bathroom 30mins before hubby apparantly shaved and had a shower, s,udges, hair and sand everywhere so had to do it all over again. Also he ditched his dirty clothes on the stairs instead of putting it in the laundry bin, he is so f*cking lazy.I confronted him with that and he just said I cleaned the hairs and didn't believe me. I just give up what a mess.

I cannot stand a dirty house and wonder if I will cope with four kids (I am getting my third soon but husband is the biggest kid and makes more mess than a teenager).

My hubby is learning but his cleaning isn't up to scratch either. With my spd I've struggled to do much, 90 mins is impressive!!
We did a lot together and I directed him.... He's used to my fussy ways! Ha.

I'd say don't worry too much, I asked for advice from friends yesterday, they wrote little tips for me. Two said don't worry about housework, no-one cares. You'll be busy with baby, a few crumbs on the carpet won't kill anyone. Xxx

yea i know the feeling! when i first met my husband he was a clean freak and used to have the house spotless!! since having kids...7 yrs ago he has totally calmed down and will happilly sit in a mess but i am now opposite. i sat in bed this morning and wrote a list of all that needs done with his tasks and mine and i got up and gave him it...so far he has cleaned kitchen fingers crossed he does the rest of his chores!! ha. xx

I really want to get a load of housework done, but this heat is horrendous and I'm finding I can manage 20 minutes before I feel too tired. Hubby has offered to help, but I know what his version of clean is! In terms of hoovering, he will do the main bulk, but wouldn't think to do the edges. The other day I was getting plates out of the cupboard and half of them still had dirty marks on them!! It's really frustrating.

Totally know how you feel! I couldn't of even lasted 90 mins without stopping tbh! I get so out of breath and hot I actually feel like I'm gonna pass out! My OH is a neat freak and hates mess but he doesn't understand how I feel and often stomps around cleaning as if he's thinking 'why should I be doing this when she's off all day everyday!' He wouldn't say that but I'm sure that's what he's thinking!! Luckily my mam has been coming around a few times a week to clean for me bless her she's working her way around a room at a time then I'm just keeping on top of it daily so I feel better :) xx

I seem to have become obsessive about cleaning, I can't stop myself but really need to rest at 38 weeks pregnant! Hubby keeps telling me to put my feet up, then I ask him if I should leave it for him to do on his day off and he soon shuts up! Now I have the place spotless I just want to keep it that way! I've been on maternity leave for one week now so going to force myself to get some rest. My mummy is coming to stay for a few days, arriving tonight, so I'll be forced to rest now....I have extreme nesting syndrome!

This thread has made me smile. I'd been asking hubby to clean the bath for 2 weeks as I just can't reach.
He finally did it, and did the whole bathroom.

He asked if he did ok and I just said thanks...but its totally not up to my standards (and I have low standards!)

But I'm just so glad he did it. Even if he didn't clean the toilet properly, clean the windowsill, floor etc etc lol!

Xx

Don't hate me girls, but I am super lucky....I've got my housekeeper from the pub to come and do my house once a week too! OH and I are working so many hours (he does around 70 per week, mine was similar but I have cut way down recently as it was doing me in), it just saves the fights over who is doing what as we are so exhausted once we finish work! To be fair, my OH is a very good cleaner, but getting him to actually do it is such an ordeal. I'm trying to get him to sugar soap the bathroom ceilings so they are all really clean where they get damp....so far I have been asking him to do it for 3 weeks!!

So nice to hear so many ladies recognise my problems ;) today I am taking it easy (very hot day). I am not going out for groceries just relax. I only need to fold a bit of laundry and put some in the washing machine so not too bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back