Doll for sibling?

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Just wondering if any second time mummies have found success with getting your first born a doll to encourage gentleness etc?

Ive always had the idea and atm, Jackson is showing a very caring streak. He plays Drs and if his toys fall, he picks them up and reassures them and kisses them which is just he sweetest thing to watch it makes me so excited for whats to come.

So I thought Id get him a doll to mimic what will be joining us soon.

We went by a girl with a doll and pram yesterday and he ran upto the doll and says HIYA BABY!! So the thought has cropped up again.

xxxx

Last edited:
Awwww that's so sweet!!!! I don't have any experience but that seems like a lovely idea!!! Xxxx

I know Im so excited. I seen it years ago on tv and loved the idea.

And figured if he thought a baby with a drawn on face, hanging out the pram with scruffy hair was a belivable baby it might be quite useful?

Hes at nursey but now in the preschool room, so doesnt have a lot of 1 on 1 with babies.

xxxx

Sofia won't stop playing with her dollies since I told her I'm pregnant, more in the last 2 weeks. She's feeds them with a big, burps them, puts them to bed... It's so cute and I just mention that she can do all this with the new baby (she's not open to discuss a new baby yet)... So it might be a nice idea! Xx

Still a way but off. Ill maybe get it in my 2ndor 3rd trimester, once changes start happening ie room decorations for new baby.

Im hoping itll help him adapt.

Hes such a caring wee soul. He put my work badge on and said Im a doctor I work in the hospital. Open wide ahhhhh so I did it and he gently closed my mouth and patted my head and said youll be fine. When I opened my mouth he was saying its ok youll be ok. I think he was re enacting the dentist last week. Mustv horrified him. He didnt like the enamel paste.

I actually am excited to just watch how adorable his role playing is with it.

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back