Does your baby's mood parallel your own?

Dinski

Reaction score
This is probably stating the obvious, but is your baby calmer when you are calmer?

I noticed that when I am feeling low or anxious, my LO seems to be more whiny and agitated and when I am calmer he is happier, sleeps better etc. My mum (who is a psychiatrist) thinks that when he wakes in the night it may be because he is picking up on my tension. I think she might have a point as he does seem to react even though he is so small and once when I was crying he came and nuzzled his head against mine, it was so sweet.

One time when I was hysterical and really upset, my DD smiled her biggest ever smiles up at me, did a huge giggle and nuzzled into me (she's not normally a very cuddly baby) - this made me cry more as of course, she shouldn't have seen me in such a state. However, I really believe (I know this sounds crazy) that she was trying to make me feel better. She was about 3 months old at the time.

Valentine Xxx

i think they definately pick up on stuff sometimes. there hav been occasions when millies been a bit agitated and really wiggly wen im tryna do something usually change her nappy or dress her, and she's kicked me in the face or poked me in the eye and it hurt and it seemed like she knew coz she went quiet and stopped wiggling and looked at me with a really concerned expression on her face as if to say "oops mummy are u ok?"! :lol: bless- and she's done the same thing once or twice when i'v spluttered on a drink and choked a tiny bit she looks at me really worried its really sweet!

in answer 2 ur question tho, im not sure i dont think iv paid enough attention to our moods until now. i will do from now on and let u kno! today iv been in a good mood and she's seemed happy, except for when iv left the room shes had big paddys coz she got separation anxiety big time atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back