does using the doppler alot harm baby?

LucyB.

Reaction score
just told my mil that weve ordered 1 and she told us to be careful with how much we use it?? can using it too much harm our baby? xxx

They are perfectly safe to use at home and wont harm your baby. I think what the mil is probably trying to advise you of is that they can sometimes be tricky to use accurately and therefore can cause you undue worry. Like if you were using it every day and couldnt find the heart beat one day, you might panic, but it could just be that the baby has moved to a different position where its harder to locate its heart beat. Alternatively I think sometimes people sometimes hear the blood moving through the placenta and mistake this for the heartbeat, giving them false reassurance. Used properly and only occasionally, i cant really see how it can do any harm, providing you are aware of other signs that your baby is ok, eg, noticing its movements. Good luck!

Last edited:
the angel sounds one advises not to use more than 3 times a week. but if it was dangerous it would have never been allowed on the market in the first place!! in america they have these booths like photo booths but theyre scan booths where you can just go in anytime and scan yourself and get a pic of your baby. and its not been thought of as harmful! honestly i think its fine. i use mine every second day. x

although they are apparently safe babies tend to hate the sound frequency and will kick out or hide from it so it must be upsetting to the baby.id restrict use and remember while it might show a heartbeat u still need to make sure u monitor how active your baby is being ,because hearing the heartbeat isnt an indicator everything is ok.

although they are apparently safe babies tend to hate the sound frequency and will kick out or hide from it so it must be upsetting to the baby.id restrict use.

My midwife told me this too. I've had one since 9 weeks and have used it a handful of times.
Xx

the angel sounds one advises not to use more than 3 times a week. but if it was dangerous it would have never been allowed on the market in the first place!! in america they have these booths like photo booths but theyre scan booths where you can just go in anytime and scan yourself and get a pic of your baby. and its not been thought of as harmful! honestly i think its fine. i use mine every second day. x

Omg that is a fab idea, x

Oops I used mine everyday (paranoid after 2 mcs) and my Stanley was fine :) xx

my midwife was dead against me getting one however i would love my two boys to hear their little brother or sister, so i will get one when i get a minute !!!! CCxxxxx

Don't think its harmful to use it everyday, but like the others say can cause a lot of worry if you can't find it & baby doesn't seem to like it very much always moves away, i use mine a couple of times a week :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back