Does this sound like thrush?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by lozzle, Jul 2, 2013.

1. lozzle

lozzle Well-Known Member

Hi ladies

For the past couple of days I've been quite irritated down below, no pain on peeing, and not overly itchy just annoying. Discharge has no smell just the usual but more of it and slightly yellow. I really dont think it is BV as i had that last year and it was really smelly, nasty discharge and no itching. i am going to my gp tomorrow. Does this sound like thrush to you?

2. Lilmisshopeful

Lilmisshopeful Well-Known Member

Sounds like it to me. I had it last pregnancy with a pink discharge that turned red x

3. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

I've had the pleasure of both thrush and BV in my time and it does sound a lot more like thrush. BV does tend to me horrific smelling ha! Have you got any natural yogurt in? You could try that on there and if it does tend to soothe/do something, its definitely far more likely to be thrush.

4. lozzle

lozzle Well-Known Member

Lilmisshopeful - was the discharge just from irritation? I worry it will harm baby?

C0606 - yeah it was really awful when I had BV really uncomfortable whereas this is just irritating me

5. Lilmisshopeful

Lilmisshopeful Well-Known Member

It's from the thrush and that makes you itch. The doc can give you stuff for it. Baby will be fine it's you that suffers x

6. lozzle

lozzle Well-Known Member

Thanks for that its a relief! I've also just remembered that I had antibiotics (trimethoprim) for a UTI a few weeks ago and that is notorious for making me really irritated down below after finishing taking them

7. MrsHop

MrsHop Well-Known Member

Lozzle put some sudocream on and leave your pants off overnight, you'll feel much better in the morning! Defo worth going to the docs too though