Does this look ok

katie_lou

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370100105.766627.jpg

Because I have spinal staircase it's hard to fit the baby gate this is the best I could so . Do u think its ok , don't get be wrong it's not 100% secure but I thought its better to have it up than not at all x

Are you sure you are not going to trip there while trying to go downstairs?

It looks like it may fit flush on the floor, dunno if you've tried that already but looks as if it could ifywim that way there is less risk of you going arse over tit down the stairs :)

If LO leans all their weight on it willit move?
Also make sure they can't wriggle underneath the bottom. It's amazing how flexible they can be when they get an escape plan in their heads! X

I can't get It to go on the floor If that makes sense . I did try but the bottom of the gate will not fit at all . We can walk up and down the Stairs fine as its not that high off the floor my concern is it does not feel secure . It ruby leaned all her weight I don't think it would hold . I don't know if I should just take it off completely or leave it up x x

They suggest you drill gates that go on the stairs into the wall so they are secure, it was what I was scared of as Max is such a barge bum and loves to rattle the stair gate! We have a Lindam one which is fab and doesn't have the bar across the bottom. It stretches or reduces to whatever size you need, which is really handy, not sure if one like that would fit better hun xxx

We have 8 stair gates in out house!! We have 3 flights of 7 steps in the house aswell as a flight of concrete stairs in the utility room leading down to the garage. All of ours are screwed into the wall so they're very secure. If you could do that Ruby could easily lean/climb on it without it falling x

What about getting extender bits and putting it from the rail to the other wall? So instead of it running across the top if the stairs like now it's coming down from that other wall to the rail?

I think if you are worried it will come loose then don't have it at all, better to be kept on your toes watching all the time than hearing it go and not being able to do anything about it ifywim :)

What about getting extender bits and putting it from the rail to the other wall? So instead of it running across the top if the stairs like now it's coming down from that other wall to the rail?

I think if you are worried it will come loose then don't have it at all, better to be kept on your toes watching all the time than hearing it go and not being able to do anything about it ifywim :)

Didn't even think to get the extendable bits ,think I will look into that . Xxx

Hopefully it'll work, looking at your photo is should sit nice and straight and flat going between the stairs and bathroom wall and done up tight enough will be good and sturdy :)

We had the same problem so we did this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370162480.073602.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370162507.604737.jpg

Was just going to suggest as above. Ours isn't in yet as lo isn't mobile but we've got one to screw into the wall and will put it to the side of the staircase rather than right against it.
Less risk of lo going straight down the stairs then!

I think with how you had it first you replaced one hazard with another. Access to the stairs has been replaced with tripping over the bar and both could end up being far from ideal! I have one that screws into the wall and is much more secure and the having the gate like the second pic would work far better and its far safer! Even if you cant get the bar to the floor at least you are not going to trip down the stairs! Hope you work it out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back