Does SPD get worse when baby's head engages?

Juice

Reaction score
As the title says really....

My spd has been a lot better for a couple of weeks, but this morning I almost cried getting out of bed. I don't know if baby is engaging or not. I feel like I need to pee more, and I keep thinking I need a poo but I don't. But I don't know if it's just wishful thinking that things are happening lol

My SPD did get worse towards the end but I think it has to do more with the weight of your bump than with their head engaging, though I could be wrong!
I was on crutches by 8 months and pretty much bed ridden by 9 so was well glad when it was all over! I feel your pain xo

I think it does. With my first I remember it got worse and was around time I went into crutches. This time not been as bad except the other night was horrific and when I went to midwife the morning the head was 3/5 engaged. I think cause her head is now so close to pubis bone every movement sends shooting pains down groin area with it being sensitive. Hope you find relief soon, and remember will all be over in a few weeks (maybe less!) xx

Thanks ladies! :)

I just thought with it being so much better for the last couple of weeks and then suddenly coming back, it might be a sign. I think I'm feeling more pressure down there but I'm also really gassy recently and the sensations all get muddled lol ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back