Does morning sickness get worse?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by tiggy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. tiggy

tiggy Well-Known Member

Morning ladies

Hope your all doing good and feeling ok. Another morning sickness question.......sorry! Once you got morning sickness did it get worse as you got further on into your pregnancy or did it stay the same untill passing around 12 weeks? I'm only 6+2 but suffering already. Is it likely to get worse in a couple of weeks or will I stay feeling like I am now. I can just about get through the day at the minute but won't be able to face a full day at work if it gets worse. I can't remember getting much sickness with my ds xx

2. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

For me with my son I couldn't go out and I was sick in public like town in a plastic carrier bag I had that until 20 weeks. This time it's been more nausea and I've sometimes been sick. Sometimes I wake up and feel sick but haven't been sick. I heard travel sickness bands are meant to be good but never used them myself xx

3. tiggy

tiggy Well-Known Member

Omg I feel your pain no way could I cope with this lasting another 14 weeks it's just such an awful thing. I have sea bands on constantly pretty much and although I don't think they help I won't take them off in case I get loads worse x

4. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Tri hopping my sickness was at its worst between weeks 6-15 so bad I lost over a stone, saying that everyone is different one of my friends only had it for a couple of weeks at the beginning of her pregnancy and my mum had it with me until the day I was born. Hope its not too bad for you and it passes soon xx

5. Beauandhamish

Beauandhamish Well-Known Member

I had nothing until about 7 weeks and then it was really bad, felt sick constantly, was being sick everytime I ate or drank, couldn't go anywhere as I had to keep pulling the car over to be sick! Luckily for me it only lasted about a month and by 12 weeks it had nearly stopped, still feel a bit nauseous sometimes but nothing I can't cope with' x

6. Linzie2012

Linzie2012 Well-Known Member

I had it up until around 12 weeks, it went & then peaked at about 14 - 16 weeks (That was the worse I had)

Weirdly when I stopped using my sea bands the sickness almost immediately stopped.

#6 Linzie2012, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  7. hayes

hayes Well-Known Member

I had it from about 7wks till last wk about 11wks real bad ive been off work for 4wks now so ruf cudnt really leave the house. I have found the tablets have helped me and i think it has eased off now im nearly 12wks(tickers a bit out!)i just hope it doesnt return as ive lost a lot of weight and need to get back to work now.

Michelle.x

8. Milly76

Milly76 Well-Known Member

I think everyone seems to be different on this subject! Mine kicked in at just 5 weeks, and was hideous until last week (9 weeks) - it has now eased - I still feel queasy, but nowhere near as bad!

xx

9. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I have basically none... Only feel sick if I'm hungry. Meanwhile, my best friend had severe sickness
    So bad she had to have drips in and that didn't stop even through her labour. So it's individual to everyone

10. Tarah

Tarah Well-Known Member

Hi,

For me it has gradually got worse it started with only feeling mildly sick in the evening and now its all day everyday. I've been sick a couple of times as well started last week. I don't take my pregnacare all the time either as that makes me feel worse, it actually made me be sick one day last week.

11. Iwant3

Iwant3 Well-Known Member

I had none with my son, but with my daugher it started at 6 weeks and didn't let up until 18 weeks! it was worse when I was tired, but more or less had 24/7 severe nausea and was usually sick after breakfast.