Does Midwife know the baby's sex?

Mimby

Reaction score
Hiya,

I had a hospital check yesterday at just over 30 weeks. The midwife was chatting and said 'so you're having a little girl then?" It took me by suprise as I don't want to know the sex of the baby. My question is - does anyone think that she was guessing, or is there something written in the hospital notes? I did have a scan recently at 28 weeks. I was too suprised to ask where she'd got the info from, and am still in shock as I was convinced that I was having a boy!

I've searched the web, but can't find out if the sex is written in your hospital notes or not.

Thanks for listening....

Mimby 30+2

I don't think they write it in your notes unless you've asked for the sexing to take place during your scan :?

Maybe she was going by the heartrate? Some midwives believe that a higher rate indicates a girl?

That was really naughty of her to say that, especially if you dont want to know. but I was told by the consultant (cos i asked) that the heart beat thing does not work, and if you check out on the internet there was actually a survey done of thousands of women bout it and it didnt stand up there either.

Well...when i was having my last couple of girls the midwifes said that I was having a girl cos the higher heart rate, and I did. My friend's heartbeat of her baby was 145 so that would indicate a girl and yet she had a very healthy little boy ? My babies heartbeat is 145 too, so shall be very interesting ??

Ragna xxxx

I'd be mad as hell if my MW told me and I didn't want to know.
Maybe she got you confused with someone else?

I would ask her if you are really having a girl or not, and point out to her that you wanted it to be a surprise and she ruined it!

Well I had a replacement midwife on one of my check ups and she said I was having a girl.

She got it wrong!

Perhaps it was just a wild guess in your case. A very naughty one though. :shock:

I think midwives jut like to guess. When I had my 20week scan the sonographer right from the begining before she even got the bean on screen was saying 'he' I think they just dont like to say 'it'!

According to the heart rate theory mine is a girl as its been 160bpm. But the last two midwives I have seen have both guessed at boy, after having a good prod round. I think they like everyone else like to guess, same as people see how your carrying and say the same. I asked my midwofe if there was any way of telling without a scan and she said not at all, its all guess work, so don't worry it will still be a surprise for you!

Hi,

When I left one country to come to another, I collected all of my medical records, while going through them I noticed an empty box for GENDER.

I also am not finding out the sex of baby this is why the GENDER sention has not been filled in.

I would be very upset if this happened to me.

Midwives and doctors should really know better.

Tineke ox

Hi,

When I left one country to come to another, I collected all of my medical records, while going through them I noticed an empty box for GENDER.

I also am not finding out the sex of baby this is why the GENDER sention has not been filled in.

I would be very upset if this happened to me.

Midwives and doctors should really know better.

Tineke ox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back