Does it work?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by littlemuffin, Feb 17, 2012.

1. littlemuffin

littlemuffin Well-Known Member

Does taking EPO, and drinking RLT really work and help?

I am quite slack at doing anything, I have the EPO and RLT, and when I remember I take them. I also put a herbal in my bath (it smells rank)

But what I want to know is if you all think this makes a difference. If it does I might have to step it up a bit and be strict on myself.

2. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I read the actual research paper on RLT - yes im a geek. lol. Contrary to popular beliefe RLT does not bring on labour. It shortens the second stage - e.g. your pushing by an average of 9 MINUTES. needless to say ive been pretty lacks about it since reading that - doesnt seem like an awful lot. The research does say it lowers the chance of a forceps delivery though.

Dunno about EPO - my box of them is still sitting un opened. I cant get pinky out of my head, who took and tried everything and still went over due, got induced and ended up with a c-section. So im not stressing about it. xxx

3. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

I don't really think there is much that works - but I guess it's all worth a try. Lots of people try everything under the sun and still have to be induced. But I suppose it does make you feel at least you are trying your best to get things going! I haven't used either EPO or RLT... Maybe that's why I'm still playing the waiting game! Grrrrrr....!

4. littlemuffin

littlemuffin Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. I was thinking about Pinky this morning when I remembered to drink the RLT.

Think I might just leave it up to baby, and when he/she wants to come.

5. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

i take both religiously, 3epo orally and 2 inserted and drink a pot of RLT every night. dunno if it helps but i thought it was worth a try lol

6. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

I won't be doing the EPO up the lala. I don't like the idea of putting stuff up there right at this minute.

I might try the RLT capsules though. I don't see the harm in trying that, if nothing else it will make me feel as though I am doing something proactive.