does it take any1 else an hour to wind baby?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Emma.b, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Emma.b

Emma.b Well-Known Member

I don't mean it takes an hour start to finish i actually mean at least an hour just to wind them?!

My LO is a nightmare to wind :( we started his bottle at just gonna 3am he had just over 3 oz we stopped for a break winded him the first time he bought up a big burp, finished rest of bottle by about 3.30 or may be a little before and I've been winding him ever since with nothing but a half hearted burp. 'Well you got wind' I hear you say, yes I did so I popped him into cot turned on monitor and back to bed I go. Only I'm laying here now watching him on the monitor doing to biggest wind smile you have ever seen. So up in get and back in go to try and get that wind from him.

Seriously over an hour to get wind for him to only have more is surely not normal, is it?

I miss my bed/sleep :(

Xx Xx

#1 Emma.b, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Bek234

Bek234 Well-Known Member

My lg was the same, HV told me if she's not winded after few mins and she's ok...(not crying etc with belly ache) then leave her to it. I tried infacol and that worked for a while but not forever. So through the night when she just falls asleep after a feed, i try to wind, then I lay her in my arms a few mins then lift her again and try, after this, if she still hasn't winded, i put her back and go to sleep.
    She will cry if she has belly ache x x

Tapatalking. X

3. diane

diane Well-Known Member

I did the same as bek.

4. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Yeeh same! Noahs a bugger for it lol xx

5. Jbeanie

Jbeanie Well-Known Member

Have you heard the walking up and down stairs trick. Often helps bring it up. Even now, as we head down stairs Jules will sometimes let out a big burp! X x

6. Babybushie28

Babybushie28 Well-Known Member

Hv also told us that if T hasn't burped within 5-10 mins of winding then just put him down. He will stir when he's ready to burp and saves us winding him for hours!! T will also bring up little burps throughout the day when he's not being winded so it'll always come up!

Xxxxxxx

7. Babybushie28

Babybushie28 Well-Known Member

Might just be me but I think smiles are genuine when they are a month or so old??

T was soooo smiley at the beginning so I would have driven myself mad winding him every 2 seconds if I believed the myth lol

Xxxxx

8. MrsHope

MrsHope Well-Known Member

^^ what they all said! xx

9. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they are proper smiles not wind.
    Toby was a right pickle for hanging onto his wind, even with infacol. Best truck for me was bouncing him gently up and down in my knee whilst still supporting his head.