Does giving birth smell?

rosey

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if it smells when you have your baby due to bodily fluids etc?

Unusual question . Its hurts and its so Intense so I certainly didnt notice and afterwards I was so taken with my beautiful baby I didnt notice . Then you are helped to wash and have a shower so you will feel lovely and fresh , at the time bodily fluids arent really a worry x

I keep wondering if it will smell is all :(

No, it doesnt smell at all, you also get a bath a couple hours after to freashen up....
But trust me the smell will be the last thing on your mind, especially when your legs are on stirulps so you can get stiched all on show and the midwife announces a finger is going up your bum (for a tablet), haha all dignity is gone by that stage so dont worry! x

They need a sign at the door of delievery room s saying " leave dignity here" Rosey dont orry hun the midwives are fantastic and dont comment or react to whatever happens . I honestly dont think therw was any kind of bad smell I was just very grateful for my shower when I was feeling up to it x

I worry about stuff like this more than the actual labour like ohhh hope I can have a wash before the event, what if Ive not shaved my lady bits or legs, what if my toe nail polish is rubbish. Im sure all this will fly out the window come the even and i wont give a hoot but now im like hmmm....

I asked for a shoer before I was in established labur with my first ans had a nice shave and felt great . With my second I stayed at home until I was basically ready to have her and had a bath , shaved , did my hair and nails and felt good x

Trust me i went in still wet from the bath they had told me to try, makeup running down my face and stubbly legs... my only thought was... get me pain relief NOW!!! I didnt give a shit what i looked like even when my waters went in the corridor i didnt care who saw... and i'm a very self conscious person xx

Trust me i went in still wet from the bath they had told me to try, makeup running down my face and stubbly legs... my only thought was... get me pain relief NOW!!! I didnt give a shit what i looked like even when my waters went in the corridor i didnt care who saw... and i'm a very self conscious person xx

love this...lol

this will be me....i doubt i will even make it out of my jim jams on way to hospital from home...ha ha :) xx

Ha ha ha Im laughing thats my worst nightmare but as you said it will all go out the window during the actual event. I cant shave my legs so have to a bath once a week and hubby does them for me, as for my lady garden cant see it but still try to hack away but i think i miss bits suppose they have seen them all before!!

The only smell I noticed in labour was toast. I said to my fella " my waters smell like toast" and he assured me that no, they had just made some toast for the midwives and it wasn't anything to do with my waters :blush:

I doubt they'll be anything they haven't seen before... The medical staff are dealing with women giving birth every day. For us it only happens once / twice and we think the are going to notice what we look like, etc. I really don't think we will be judged on our appearance... And by that stage I dont think I'll give to hoots what I look like. Having said that I have just spent the last hour dying my hair so my greys should be ok on the day! Lol

The only smell I noticed in labour was toast. I said to my fella " my waters smell like toast" and he assured me that no, they had just made some toast for the midwives and it wasn't anything to do with my waters :blush:

lol....classic xx

I didn't notice any smell, but when I first held my baby I did think that he smelt amazing! He had a really strong baby smell to him!!

I had my waters broken on the hospital bed, then I poo'd myself, then when he was born I was bleeding from a slight tear, and baby pood himself coming out which went everywhere, so my bed must have been a right mess lol but I never noticed a thing or gave a toss as I was so busy concentrating on the task at hand. The mw's kept discreetly changing the disposable mats I was lying on and I never once felt embarrassed, even when getting sewn up I was chatting away to the Dr and when she said I'm just popping some paracetomol up your bum I was like yeah whatever and carried on the conversation lol!!!

There is so much going on during and after a birth its all a complete blur and bodily fluids and smells and dignity (whether your shaved etc) just do not even occur to you!!!!!!!!!

Lol this made me giggle :)

im hoping to have a shower or bath before i go in but im really worried about pooing myself!!!

as for my lady bits i used immac cream a weeks ago all over (as couldnt see where i was actually putting it lol) so although its not shaped its neat and trim!

love this...lol

this will be me....i doubt i will even make it out of my jim jams on way to hospital from home...ha ha :) xx

The first time i went in when i was been monitored i did all my makeup nice put my hair in a bobble... when real labour started i looked like a wild woman. Luckly its the last thing on your mind xx

i didnt notice any smell - i was given a bed bath after my stitches as i had a cathetar put in so i felt fresh before i went up to the ward x

I didn't notice smell. I had a whole operating room (c-section)full of people looking at my bits- even had to medical students standing by my bits after the catheter went in- doctor forgot to cover me back up- but I just didn't care tbh. You don't really think about smell or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back