Does engagement affect labour?

NIE

Reaction score
Hi mummy's :wave:

My wee star is only 1/5 engaged and I was wonderng if this means that labour will be more painful or last longer.

Could this also be a sign that I'll have to wait longer for labour to start naturally or that I might have to wait longer to be induced. xx

Pssf.... I was checked out by the midwife on the Thursday before I went into labour with Tia on the Sunday... and she wasn't even engaged, not even 1/5... :roll: my labour was all over and done with (including all the pre labour stuff) in under 9 hours.. I did have my induction booked for the following week and I was overdue.... but then there are lots of mums here who were overdue and fully engaged.

I had no labour symptoms what so ever right up until the morning of her birth. Maybe thats why though? :think:

idk but millie never fully engaged until i was already in labour. i gave birth on my due date and my labour was quite fast- i was first examined at 5cm and 4 hours later was holding my baby :)

Squiglet said:
Pssf.... I was checked out by the midwife on the Thursday before I went into labour with Tia on the Sunday... and she wasn't even engaged, not even 1/5... :roll: my labour was all over and done with (including all the pre labour stuff) in under 9 hours.. I did have my induction booked for the following week and I was overdue.... but then there are lots of mums here who were overdue and fully engaged.

I had no labour symptoms what so ever right up until the morning of her birth. Maybe thats why though? :think:

That sounds good to me. I'll go with that for a labour. :cheer:

trixipaws said:
idk but millie never fully engaged until i was already in labour. i gave birth on my due date and my labour was quite fast- i was first examined at 5cm and 4 hours later was holding my baby :)

I love hearing great birth tales like this. :D

It's good to get some reassurance from mums. Thanks :hug:

I was ever so worried about the labour being much more painful and longer than average.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back