Does big husband = big baby?

SarahMMarie

Reaction score
I tried to Google this, but no luck... My husband is very tall and broad, and I'm just an average sized woman. It didn't occur to me until just now, does that mean the baby will be large? Does partner size affect the chances of a difficult pregnancy?

Hm I mean it’s possible that if the baby carries more of his genes he/she could be bigger. But I don’t think it’s a guarantee. And bigger baby doesn’t necessarily mean bad delivery. My ex who’s an average size guy, kind of stocky, weighed 8+ lbs at birth, both of my sons were 8 lb 3 oz babies. And my body had difficulty birthing them but not because of their size. Turned out my pelvis is tilted/narrow. I’m an average size woman. All bodies handle pregnancy different and every baby is different <3

Lets hope my body is a champ... my goodness the things I never thought of before I got pregnant.

My husband is pretty average size but was a 9lb baby, I was 5lb something. I’ve had one 6lb baby and one 8lb baby so it can go either way but your baby will probably be somewhere in the middle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back