Does anyone still have 'period' type pains?

Julia

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting period type pains occasionally? Also I have the occasional sharp pain in my belly button as if someone has stuck their finger into it!! What is this all about? Is it common?

Hiya, earlier on, when I was 3-4 months pregnant I had a really bad pain behind my belly button. It was really sharp as if it was tearing open but apparently that is the baby growing behind it and the start of your belly button pushing out! I always had an 'inny' belly button, but now I am 5.5 months it sticks out like a sausage. Minging! Period like cramps are normal too.

Hope this is of some use.

PS when I had the pain in my belly button I thought that I was weird but it is very common xxx Good luck xx

Thanks Kx

I have spent the last hour panicking, wondering why I was having these pains. They have subsided a bit since I have climbed into bed.... thanks ever so much for telling me that you have these also - it is sooooo reassuring! I will be able to relax a little now due to your kind words x

I haven't had the belly button pain but I did have such a deep button before pregnancy I am suprised I can now see the end. I have however had period type pains all the way through pregnancy, am now about 31 weeks. I found that they coincided with growth spurts. I still occasionally get them but my midwife said yesterday that I am about to enter the fastest growing bit (great - I can't see how I can get any bigger). Not very pleased, first thought when I saw the two lines (apart from the oh my god etc) was great no periods for 9 months as I suffer from painful periods. However the pain has been a constant all the way through, and I still have to go through labour :shock:

I find a warm (not hot) bath helps, with lots of chocolate. xxx

I am getting the belly button pain. It hurts like hell. Glad that it is normal, i was starting to worry about it. Im getting bad period cramps still :(

Yep still getting period type pains and odd pains around my belly button!! The period pains are your ligaments stretching like an elastic band! :lol:

Natalie x

Yes I get pains in my belly too, feels like stretching and sometimes period pains. I also get lower back pain which I always did with periods.

Sarah xx

Ive been getting cramps and stretching pains and twinges now for about three weeks! I'm finding it really hard to work at the moment as sitting at a desk for eight hours can be very uncomfortable.

Im now nearly 20 weeks, does this mean that I could have this now until labour!

Thanks Girls

Now I know I am not the only one! What did a girl do without the internet years ago? Your posts are soooo reassuring....I can relax a little again....until the next weird symptom!!!!! :eek:

Yup -

I don't get them now, but I got them right up to month four. No bellybutton pains but to my disgust I have discovered a small mole that I never knew I had...in my bellybutton....ewww*L* My DH was slightly turned off by that I think!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back