does anyone know?

ERIN84

Reaction score
I cant seem to get the answer to this question anywhere so wondered if anyone knew?

I have my own business which does quite well (hairdressing salon). Im going to be working upto about 3 weeks before bub is due (if I can that is) and I will be going back very soon after but only for one day a week! (Just so i can fit in my regular clients , and MIL will be with bub so no need to find childcare).

I am not going to be taking any money from the business while im off so I am going to need to claim Maternity allowance but what I need to know is when i go back for my one day a week, will i still be able to claim? Obviously going in one day a week is not going to give me enough income to live on! I went down to the Job centre this morning to get some advice but they are on bloody strike....how annoying!

I would be gratefull if anyone knows? Thanks Guys!! xxxxxx

I had a little look for you hun and this is what I found:

I do some work for an employer or as a self employed person before the end of my Maternity Allowance period?
You will lose MA for the days you work.
You will be able to work for your employer or as a self employed person for up to 10 days without losing any Maternity Allowance. These days are called Keeping in Touch days (KIT). If you work more than 10 days you will lose Maternity Allowance for the days that you have worked. You must tell Incapacity Benefits Branch about any work you do.
I return to work for my employer or start work again before the end of my MA?
Your Maternity Allowance will stop. You must tell Incapacity Benefits Branch when you return to work or start a new job. The same will apply if you return to work as a self employed person.

Hope that makes sense x​

thats great Mamafy, thanks! Its all so confusing. So I should be OK to work my one day a week and keep claiming for a while. Fab xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back