Does anyone know anything about cryptic/stealth pregnancy?

Blue eyes

Reaction score
I am starting to think I'm mad right now 😩 I'll start from the beginning!

I had unprotected sex in January around ovulation. I had quite a few pregnancy symptoms, smell aversions, food aversions, fatigue, dizziness, tender breasts and the general 'pregnant feeling' but got my period 4 days early. I tested anyway at the end of the month and it was negative.

Since then my breasts have grown quite abit! I have gained weight (between my hips and lower abdomen) and I can't shift it. I have chadwicks symptoms, I have had nausea, extreme fatigue, gassy feelings in my abdomen, I have put 'movement' down to gas too. My nipples have more bumps too, my skin was awful a few weeks ago and I've had a lot more discharge than normal.

I've had 3 cycles since the unprotected sex. Each 25 days apart which is normal for me. My 4th cycle hasn't came and is now 14 days late, this has never happened apart from when I was last pregnant. My gp recommended taking a hpt which was negative again. I've had my thyroid tested and get the results tomorrow.

Any ideas welcomed!!

Will your GP not send you for a scan?

Did your GP examine your abdomen to check if he could feel your uterus?

I would request a scan....there comes a point in pregnancy that hpts no longer work x

Did your GP examine your abdomen to check if he could feel your uterus?

She didn't do any examinations, just sent me for the thyroid check which is normal. I'm just going to wait for my next period since it's due in 10 days anyway.

I would request a scan....there comes a point in pregnancy that hpts no longer work x

If my next period doesn't come I'll be asking for a scan because I am never late or skip a period so two in a row would be alarming! They've been negative since I had the unprotected sex but I've also read that if you still bleed the Hormone doesn't get a chance to build up to make the hpt positive. How far along do they stop registering? I'd be roughly 19 weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back