Does anyone have or are thinking of getting a Nursing Chair?

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hello All :wave:

As the title says, does anyone have a Rocking Nursing Chair or are you thinking about getting one?

I can't figure out if it is worth the money or not.... We tried a Ikea Poang chair at the weekend and both hubby and I agreed that it would do but was not a comfy as the rocking nursing chairs x

I don't have one, but from what I have heard and read they are brilliant and so comfortbale, I did sit in one at the baby shop and I refused to move :) does that count as trying lol..

I really want one but we are so short on room it is going to have to wait and we will see when baba arrives if we need/want one or if we can cope without xxxxx

I think I will not go for one as I doubt that I use it every time. Breastfeed can take awfully long each I e so I think the sofa, bed etc will be better for me but we will see. I suppose if I can't manage without I can always sent my oh pick one the first week or sth.

I don't have one, but from what I have heard and read they are brilliant and so comfortbale, I did sit in one at the baby shop and I refused to move :) does that count as trying lol..

I really want one but we are so short on room it is going to have to wait and we will see when baba arrives if we need/want one or if we can cope without xxxxx

Both Hubby and I though they were so comfortable and relaxing.... I am pretty sure Hubby will use it for years to come! We are both really leaning towards getting one!

I was the same when I sat in one.... I didn't want to move!! xx

Last edited:
I had one for DD and got loads of use out of it. However, when we moved house and had to put our stuff in storage for a few months, we decided that this would be one of the items we would sell rather than keep. Back then, we had been trying for baby no 2 for 3+ years so had started to assume it may never happen and we might not be needing all the baby stuff we kept.
I think I will get another chair for this baby, but the emphasis will be on a comfy chair with a footstool rather than go for another rocking chair. It will have to be pretty comfy to entice me from my super lush bed in the middle of the night! Lol.
I also found my v-shaped breast feeding pillow to be brilliant for comfort when feeding too, so will be buying another one of those - maybe a memory foam one for a bit of luxury.

Last edited:
I think we're going to get one hun, I fell in love when I sat in one in the shop xxx

We're definitely getting one - say on one in John Lewis and it was amazing

i had one with my first two children and it was FAB! Unfortunately didn't think i would be coming back for number 3 and let it go! :wall:

Hadn't planned getting one as the nursery in our house isn't big enough. Have bought nursing cushion and just intend using our sofa or swivel chair in the living room.

I have one of the ikea style chairs. Got it was a footstool from aldi for £33! Its so comfy I just like to sit in it in Pip's room and take it all in :D

I'd really like one of these, I sat in one in John Lewis that was a recliner too and it was soo comfy. But they are quite expensive. But I've seen on in Babys R Us for £250 with foot stool, so might go and try one of those out instead.
xx

I want one too :) I also seen them on ebay in all colours for £99 but thats even better the link above for £75. x

Well I thought Hubby had forgotten Valentines day.... But I got home and went upstairs to get changed and peaked into the nursary as I always do.... we have nothing specific in it yet just some cute baby grows and some picture frames but there it was standing proud my very own cream gliding nursing chair!!

It had my Valentines card on it and box of cheese straws (gone off chocolate).

So that's settled then!! It is super comfy....can't wait to paint the nursary and get it all order now xx

Last edited:
I love mine. I can't wait to have the baby, and sit and feed in it.

Well I thought Hubby had forgotten Valentines day.... But I got home and went upstairs to get changed and peaked into the nursary as I always do.... we have nothing specific in it yet just some cute baby grows and some picture frames but there it was standing proud my very own cream gliding nursing chair!!

It had my Valentines card on it and box of cheese straws (gone off chocolate).

So that's settled then!! It is super comfy....can't wait to paint the nursary and get it all order now xx

That is so sweet of him :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back