Does anyone else have......?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Itchy nipples?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Its not all the time, but I find that I am getting a bit itchy on the nipples. Its not a really bad problem, just wondering really?

Thanks

Also....... if anyone is, can you tell me if nipple cream will help? or is this just used for breastfeeding only?

Thanks

I have been getting the same on and off but putting it down to the fact I am getting colostrum through already!

I've been putting normal moisturizer on them and it seem sto help a little bit. But I'd love to know if there was anything else!

Sorry haven't helped much have I :roll: I can only sympathise!

Hi,

My nipples have been itchy along with the rest of my body!!! which apprently is quite normal, the book i have does say that some nipple creams can help, but i havent tired any!

Good luck
Natalie x

Yes I do! Thought I might be imagining it! Haven't tried using anything on them though

+++

My boobs have been sore the first three months then nothing. Just getting bigger with no pain. Little tender some days but that's it, glad there is no itchiness as that would drive me mad. I should imagine nipple cream would be fine though. Could try the strawberry or banana flavour from Ann Summers :eek:) x

Yep i get itchy boobies too and use a bit of baby oil as I rub that into my tummy twice a day to try and keep stretch marks at bay :)

My belly is definitely starting to itch now, but nothing on my nipples. BUT I have found that I have a bit of 'gunk' in there every now and then :oops: :oops: :oops: - (in spite of daily showers!) Could this be colostrum? I assumed it's too early in pregnancy for that

LBxx

Minikins -

use a bit of baby oil as I rub that into my tummy twice a day to try and keep stretch marks at bay

Is the baby oil working?

Well got three weeks to go and no stretch marks have appeared. My mum has had 5 kids with no stretch marks and my sister has had two kids with stretch marks, so let's hope I take after my mum :)

I have also been using Avent Indulgent Stretch Mark cream, will let you know in a few weeks on my marks - lol ;)

I get it too also shooting pains now and again.

Little bump - that sounds like colostrum i get it too.

Hello!!

I have itchy nipples for weeks now and it is quite annoying. Now it also gets harder and more itchy!! told the midwife and she replied to use E45 cream and it will sort it out. I have to say i do not see much difference. It does calm it down a bit for a while but it is always there. I have just bought in wilkinson a cream with cocoa and shea butter, it does moisturize the skin quite well apparently and helps preventing stretch marks.
Also has anybody tried anything else than talc to put on the lower part of your breast so it does not touch your belly skin? I have grown into a 38 F which am not pleased about because my breast is so heavy and it is itchy (and still 4 months to go!!!) I have tried talc and even the scholl one for feet but does not really work. I bought some maternity bra in mothercare but it does not support a great deal, maybe I will need a crane soon :wink:

Nathalie

littlebump said:
My belly is definitely starting to itch now, but nothing on my nipples. BUT I have found that I have a bit of 'gunk' in there every now and then :oops: :oops: :oops: - (in spite of daily showers!) Could this be colostrum? I assumed it's too early in pregnancy for that

LBxx

Littlebumnp - I have been getting colostrum from my nipples (like a thick white 'gunk') since I was about 9 or 10 weeks PG! Maybe slightly before. I asked my midwife about this and he said it is perfectly normal for this to start coming at any stage in pregnancy (although not normally till a bit later than I got it) and is a good sign that I won't have any problems breastfeeding (or at least producing milk that flows easily). Take it as a good sign !! xx

I have a bit of 'gunk' in there every now and then

I've had one lactating breast since I was about 23, long before I'd even thought of having children. The doctor I was with at the time told me that even if I was a virgin (which I was at the time) and I tried to suckle a child I adopted, for instance, my milk would come in anyway. It doesn't bother me apart from having to keep it clean...and I've never had itching until now... mind you, I read somewhere that for sore or itchy nipples whilst breastfeeding, to express a little milk and rub it into your nipples, letting it dry naturally, is best! :shock:

Apparently breast milk has antiseptic properties...brilliant eh? If your "gunk" is in liquid form, perhaps you could try that...if you don't mind smelling like sour milk, that is...cos that does happen... :oops:

Sue

Wow Sue - I didn't even realise that was possible :shock: !! Anyway, glad it's not just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back