Doctors Questions....

BlondeP

Reaction score
So I've just found out we are expecting! My partner wants to come to the doctors appointment with me but I just wanted to check, will the doctor mention anything on my notes? I've had a history of mental health issues (anxiety) that my partner knows about but I'd rather the focus just be on the baby.

Strange question I know haha xxxxx

I know the midwife definitely asks you about your medical history including mental health, smears etc. but I'm not too sure about the doctor x

First time round my Gp just gave me folic acid and referred me to MW. If you are on any regular medication that they have down they may ask about that.

This time I didn't even go to my GP I just phoned the Mw contact centre and self referred. Although, the Mw will go into history at your booking they may just touch lightly to make sure all is good now but they don't like go through your notes bit by bit.

xxx

I asked exactly the same when I found out! I went to gp firat and tgey say nothing they refer you to mw just talk about folic acid and eating well. Mw will ask you though at booking appt so about 10-12 weeks. Bot details though just if youve had mental health issues in past. Nothing else.

My advice is talk about it as soon as possible. They need to know everything and believe me, it will pay off in the end when you get more support and help. Good luck. Xx

The first GP appointment is nothing really. They don't even confirm your pregnancy anymore. They just tell you to take vitamins etc. I didn't even see a GP this time. Just phoned up ad told them I was pregnant. Personally I would tell him not to bother and save his days off for the more important appointments such as your booking in, and scans etc. If you need extra scans or appointments your partner will need quite a lot of time off.

For me I'm 9 weeks and I've already had one midwife appointment at GP office, 3 scans, my booking in appointment and then gone back for repeat bloods. And I already know I will have extra consultant appointments and 3 extra growth scans as well as the 12, private 16 and 20 week scans. So my partner just attends the scans and important appointment, otherwise he would be off constantly! Lol.

For your booking in appointment they will ask about mental health. This will affect the care you are given if they feel it's relevant. If it's not then they won't mention it again. Here they ask for 5 minutes alone to discuss mental health and other issues like DV. Xx

Gp will just confirm pregnancy, give folic acid and refer to mw. On MW booking appt they ask about mental health and domestic abuse so prefer you to be alone so you can answer comfortably x

Thanks for all the help ladies! My partner knows it all mostly but I just feel uncomfortable about the idea of 2 people in the room having a chat over my funny head haha. I forgot the amount of time off he may have to have ! So I will try persuade him to save his hours! Xxxxx

My OH is only coming to the scan appointments. There's not much point going to the others as they're not really asking dad anything and he's not the one baking a bun lol, just seems pointless wasting holidays etc x

I've told my partner to do the same keely. Though the booking in appointment they need to know his family history so always good to have them at that appointment :) my partners self employed so what he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. He won't even be coming to all scans but I will have had 9 at least by the end of this pregnancy xx

My OH has come to my scans and that is it - our medical history is basically nil each - and we have a boy already. He works shifts and helps me with childcare whilst I work.

Its so hard juggling appointments about! I've already took 4 days off for 4 scans - I do get time off for appointments but as OH comes we like to make a day of it and do lunch together. But I have a full allowance of annual leave to use before I stop - and a full one when I come back so not too fussed about some days here/there.

xxxx

I've told him it's pointless. Went to my Drs today and it was basically 'congrats, sign this, bye' haha! Worried over nothing! It's my first so very anxious about it all! Xxx

The first doctors appointment is very disappointing! You expect more, don't you? Or at least I did with my first. Our midwives don't even see you until 16 weeks now lol I went early as I didn't realise. Try not to worry yourself Hun xx

The first doctors appointment is very disappointing! You expect more, don't you? Or at least I did with my first. Our midwives don't even see you until 16 weeks now lol I went early as I didn't realise. Try not to worry yourself Hun xx

Haha yes, I don't really know what I was expecting but it was a little 'dull' !! Xxxx

did they tell you went to expect contact from a midwife. I'm sure last time I had my appointment with my midwife within a few days of appointment with GP. I was around 5/6 weeks.

She said I'd probably have an app orient with her in week 7-8 so hopefully il hear any day now! I have heard the first midwife appt is equally dull haha xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back