Doctors before a year of TTC?

Glittergirl84

Reaction score
Hi guys - just wondered whether any of you have been to the docs for check ups if you have been TTC for under a year? We have been trying for 9 months and just getting a bit frustrated and would like to know if any problems so we can sort rather than waiting. I was thinking of going next month but telling them we have been TTC for a year just so they can run tests? I think it would put my mind at rest, but don't know if anyone else has done this?

Thanks
X

Im sure lots of women have done this!.. I have only been trying for 5 months but when I mentioned we were TTC to my docs she said we could start doing some tests, for starters they would test my OH swimmers.. I think the process of waiting for appointments and tests takes so long she said I was best off getting the ball rolling.. but I imagine not all docs are like that. Definitely worth going if it'll put your mind at rest xx

I went to my docs after 9 months and they referred me on straight away

I would go and say you have been trying a year, as with waiting times it will be a year anyway by the time you get referred. You can always cancel if you do get pregnant before :) xx

Thanks guys - that's good news! I just want to put my mind at rest or find out if there are any issues! How are you guys finding the TTC journey?

Xxx

Yep I did! Plus I was having 14 day cycles so I really played up on the fact I've pretty much had two years work of cycles! I just kept going until they referred me for tests! It was successful :D Good luck

Hi hun, back in April I went to docs because I was having weird periods and also I was wanting to ask questions about fertility. By that point we had been NTNP for about 6 months and I was very honest about that. My doc referred me and said by the time I got an appointment it would be a year. Sure enough, my appointment is this week and my doc did a great job for me xxx

Lol. After 18 months and 5 miscarriages they've only just referd us to a proper clinic. X

Me and my oh went after 8/9 months. They allowed us to do a semen analysis, ovary scan etc. Just tell them what your concerns are, hopefully they'll understand and move things along for you rather than having to wait

Yes I went in about 8/9 months just to ask advice really but they started doing tests straight away and referred me as soon as it hit the year point.

Hi,this is really good to know. I know it can take up to a year buy maybe knowing if there's anything wrong or nothing wrong would reduce stress and make it more likely.

i was told we had to try for a year before we could go back and see the doc again and have now been told that we need to do the deed every other day to rule out that we are not just missing it..... i think all doctors are different to be honest but book and appointment and get it rolling! im on month 14 but my friend is on month 3 (and with a different doc) and has already been referred for some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back